Ferris Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

vanette

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: Ferris Owner Check-In

I'm new to this site. I have a Ferris IS1500 w/750 hrs. I have a great friend that has taken care of any problems I have had w/my mower. As a matter of fact, after I got my mower, he bought one just like it. So, he has been extremely helpful. But, he is stumped w/my current problems-of which there are 2:
I posted the question about the hydraulic fluid leaking between the brake drum and the hydraulic motor. And now, I have another problem. The belt keeps coming off. We put it on and within 3 min. of engaging the blades, the belt comes off. He has checked everything, the belt, the pulleys. We just moved the screw back one notice, the one that the spring hooks onto. Hoping to put more tension so that belt stays on. And it did but it is really rough; the ride is rough, cutting is rough. I know something is wrong and we just can't figure it out. Anyone have a solution? Any help, thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!

rfox123

Forum Newbie
Threads

Hi Ya'll,
I'm new to this site and just starting to look around. I have a IS 500Z 24hp 44" and just love it. Wish I would have purchased a 60" cut though. Oh well maybe next one, if this one ever wears out. I mow about three acres and do it in record time compared to the other mowers I have owned. I would like to ask members of this site which blades hold up the best for ya'll OEM or off brands. I have St. Augustine in my yard around the house and bahaia mixed with bermuda in other areas? Dirt seems to be wearing out the blade pretty quick.:anyone:

swampdog50

Threads
afternoon

just purchased my first ZT and it's the IS 700 Z/52'' , I actually looked at them yesterday and went back today.... I got to ride it and after reading all about the shock system on it ...well it's SWEET , had only got to ride one other zero turn, and it was a Country Clipper ''Jazzee" nice machine w/the ''joy stick'' and all but this ferris , well the ride and build , I was sold and now I have one coming ... this old man is happy ....

great site, I've been doing lottsa reading and it's just loaded with great members and info, some sites there is just too much , well..:thumbsup: ya know... any hoot glad I found it...:smile:

back to reading

be well

swampdog50

jrapp

Threads
I have a 1500 coming to demo in a few days. I'm thinking it will really work out well. I'll see on Monday.

jrapp

Threads
Well I have the 1500 here now for a demo. The steering seems very jumpy. It is not smooth at all. Will this break in over time?

sduncan000

Threads
Well I have the 1500 here now for a demo. The steering seems very jumpy. It is not smooth at all. Will this break in over time?

I would double check your hydraulic fluid levels and you may need some slight adjustment to the steering handles themselves. That is what I had to do on my 2000 a few years ago.
I would be curious as well what some other more experienced folk would have to say about that.

jrapp

Threads
I would double check your hydraulic fluid levels and you may need some slight adjustment to the steering handles themselves. That is what I had to do on my 2000 a few years ago.
I would be curious as well what some other more experienced folk would have to say about that.

I called the dealer and hey said it needs adjusted. It that normal for a unit with 0.0 hours on it? Other than that issue I really like the machine. I am probably going to cut with it a little tonight or tomorrow. He suspension in the rear defiantly makes a difference.

sduncan000

Threads
I called the dealer and hey said it needs adjusted. It that normal for a unit with 0.0 hours on it? Other than that issue I really like the machine. I am probably going to cut with it a little tonight or tomorrow. He suspension in the rear defiantly makes a difference.

It's possible. Not to be dogmatic on it but coming from the factory, shipment can cause "contents to settle". :)

jrapp

Threads
Well I bought it! Ended up getting a great deal on what I think is a great mower for me. Hopefully it will last me a long time. The first real cut is tonight!