Fall clean up

Threads
I rake out the sides of like the house and sheds whhere i cant get with my mower and bag them. Also I like to use the blower and spread the leaves out a bit so im not clogging up my mower deck and burning belts!

I would have had to use a rake to get the leaves out from against the deck and walls when I did a mowing/leaf clean-up today like you do but I first used the weedwacker around the house and found it shoots the leaves out from against things when I trim around the deck so I can just can suck them up with the mower after that. :thumbsup:

metz12

Threads
I would have had to use a rake to get the leaves out from against the deck and walls when I did a mowing/leaf clean-up today like you do but I first used the weedwacker around the house and found it shoots the leaves out from against things when I trim around the deck so I can just can suck them up with the mower after that. :thumbsup:

oh cool! thats a good tip!:thumbsup: i'll definatly try that this weekend! im doing a small leaf job. plus i havent run my weedwacker in a while so it will be good for it!

Threads
oh cool! thats a good tip!:thumbsup: i'll definatly try that this weekend! im doing a small leaf job. plus i havent run my weedwacker in a while so it will be good for it!

Yeah, I'm doing a leaf clean-up job tomorrow...it will be 68 degrees! :thumbsup: It will be the last time. I was hoping they would call me soon because if they didn't I wouldn't be able to put the leaves in the street, because it ends in the middle of the month. I might try to go over the lawn once mulching and then vacuum them up with my mower the second time, if there are not that many leaves. The past 2 times I was unable to do that because the leaves were so thick it would clog the mower. :thumbdown: I had to use the blower and put them into a pile and then rake the leaves onto a tarp and drag them to the street, then vacuum up everything else with the mower...it took awhile!

metz12

Threads
Yeah, I'm doing a leaf clean-up job tomorrow...it will be 68 degrees! :thumbsup: It will be the last time. I was hoping they would call me soon because if they didn't I wouldn't be able to put the leaves in the street, because it ends in the middle of the month. I might try to go over the lawn once mulching and then vacuum them up with my mower the second time, if there are not that many leaves. The past 2 times I was unable to do that because the leaves were so thick it would clog the mower. :thumbdown: I had to use the blower and put them into a pile and then rake the leaves onto a tarp and drag them to the street, then vacuum up everything else with the mower...it took awhile!

Wow that does sound like alot of work!! I would suggest trying to blow all or most the leaves off of the grass to the road or on a tarp then mow the lawn like you would normally. or else you could take the top layer of leaves off with your blower and then bag the rest. then your mower will cut the grass AND bag the rest of the leaves! thats probably what i would do depending on the amount of leaves.

Threads
Wow that does sound like alot of work!! I would suggest trying to blow all or most the leaves off of the grass to the road or on a tarp then mow the lawn like you would normally. or else you could take the top layer of leaves off with your blower and then bag the rest. then your mower will cut the grass AND bag the rest of the leaves! thats probably what i would do depending on the amount of leaves.

Yeah that's what I usually do--blow, then suck up & mow the grass/leaves. It works pretty well. I just hate how if there are too many leaves you can't get a couple of feet without having to empty the bag...that's why I use the blower on that!

metz12

Threads
Yeah that's what I usually do--blow, then suck up & mow the grass/leaves. It works pretty well. I just hate how if there are too many leaves you can't get a couple of feet without having to empty the bag...that's why I use the blower on that!

ya that dose stink. those push mower bags dont hold to many leaves. but you dont want to burn out the engine if it gets too clogged up. but my yard machines doesnt exactly hold alot of leaves. I do a yard where its an acre exactly and i go down 1 time and the bags are full! but its nice i rake and blow stuff away from the house, spread it out a little and just go over it with the mower lol

Threads
ya that dose stink. those push mower bags dont hold to many leaves. but you dont want to burn out the engine if it gets too clogged up. but my yard machines doesnt exactly hold alot of leaves. I do a yard where its an acre exactly and i go down 1 time and the bags are full! but its nice i rake and blow stuff away from the house, spread it out a little and just go over it with the mower lol

You could get one of these for your mower....it looks kind of weird, though! :laughing:
big leaf bag on riding mower.jpg
I was thinking about getting one of these for my mowers: big leaf bag push mower.jpg It would be OK with leaves but if I was trying to bag grass it might get too heavy when it starts to fill up. :thumbdown:

metz12

Threads
You could get one of these for your mower....it looks kind of weird, though! :laughing:
View attachment 10057
I was thinking about getting one of these for my mowers: View attachment 10058 It would be OK with leaves but if I was trying to bag grass it might get too heavy when it starts to fill up. :thumbdown:

Ya i have looked into those, but i would think the bag would get really worn down you know??

and a 2nd thought Are you thinking of getting a rider in the future? if you get big mowing jobs? or big leaf jobs?

Threads
Ya i have looked into those, but i would think the bag would get really worn down you know??

and a 2nd thought Are you thinking of getting a rider in the future? if you get big mowing jobs? or big leaf jobs?

Yeah, it would probably get worn down. :frown: Yes, I would like a rider soon, or a stander or something, but I really don't feel like spending a lot of money....and I like the maneuverability of 21 in. mowers. Once I can't finish all the lawns I need to each week I will get a bigger mower.

metz12

Threads
Yeah, it would probably get worn down. :frown: Yes, I would like a rider soon, or a stander or something, but I really don't feel like spending a lot of money....and I like the maneuverability of 21 in. mowers. Once I can't finish all the lawns I need to each week I will get a bigger mower.

To tell you the truth, look on craigslist in the beginning of spring where its still kind of cold and people are doing their spring cleaning and getting a new riding mower. they will put it on craigslist for cheap. i got my yard machines for 100 bucks and it needed a new battery and a tune up. (i got my craftsman for free bu thats besides the point). tractors are great. really universal. I really like craftsman but something with a briggs and straton, kohler or any COMMON engine name shops will work on. also they are fun to ride around too!!