Fall clean up

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
This is what they do around here:

lawn mower fanatic I was just curious with all those leaves they pick up, what do they do with all of them. Seems like there should be something they could do that would show a profit and make them useful, like composting them or something?

Threads
lawn mower fanatic I was just curious with all those leaves they pick up, what do they do with all of them. Seems like there should be something they could do that would show a profit and make them useful, like composting them or something?

They take them to a local farm and make mulch, and I mean a LOT of mulch!!!!! Throughout the year lawn care companies come there to get their mulch for people's properties.

boston

Threads
2 backpacks and 1 walk behind blower does the job for me. My tractor would get clogged if I tried to suck them up and mulching them makes a mess usually

Semiretired

Threads
I have a 3+ acre yard with about 200 trees, most of which are pin oaks. When we first moved here almost 18 years ago we tried a mower and a hand held blower. That accomplished almost nothing, so we then purchased a 8 h.p. Little Wonder blower. Big improvement, but it was still a lot of work pushing it around on my slightly hilly property, so I then bought a self propelled 16 h.p.Giant Vac. That was another step up, but, at 265 lbs., it was still a handful on the hills. Then I discovered the JRCO Blower Buggy, which I bought and mounted on the front of my Scag mower to carry the Little Wonder around on. That was an immense improvement. I also had a custom made tow bar fabricated so I could tow the Giant vac around behind my J.D. yard tractor or the wife's zero turn, which was another improvement. biggest issue with those, though, was having the blowers blowing the wrong direction when turning around to go back for another run at the leaves without stopping every time to either throttle down the blower or shut it down till I got back to my starting point. I have now taken care of that issue. A couple of weeks ago I bought the ultimate leaf blower, namely a Buffalo Turbine KB3. 23 h.p., 10,000 cfm, electric start, and wireless remote control throttle and 360 degree rotating nozzle. Anybody want to but a Little Wonder or Giant Vac blower?

LMmowing

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, I have found a fast way to clean up a yard in no time.
I have a john deere JX75 6hp Self propelled with a bagger and a handheld echo blower.

First I blow the drive way down real good, blow ALL the leaves into the lawn, also blow all the junk in the road into the lawn.

Then quickly just run the rake through real fast from one side to the other if there is alot of leaves.

Then bag the lawn, but the trick is to leave the lawn mower a 1/4 inch HIGHER then the lawn then all the power of the mower goes to picking up leaves.
When your done bagging your bagger will only have leaves and there will be no mess in the road or driveway, saving you time so you don't have blow down again and it keeps more leaves from going back into the lawn.

Have a great day!

Vern2

Threads
I sell to neighbors for organic gardening, very, cheap. Recieving area is my grass clippings and neighbors horse manure. I have 50,000 square feet I mow.

Object: Find ways to get rid of grass clipping, and leaves in the fall. Garden

Everything picked up with, pull behind sweep, works great.

slammed

Threads
Blow what I can in the woods and what I can't I vac up.