eXmark engine

geelee

Threads
I assume its a RADIUS, homeowner grade, not a bad machine if used right. It wont take the abuse that a lazer will but the price difference is huge,

gainestruk

Threads
I have a Kohler Courage 18 hp on a 2006 Gravely 1844 XT as of yesterday it has 815 trouble free hrs, all that's been done is oil change once a year approx. 40hrs, adjust valves every 200 hrs and I check pan bolt torque every year, it has been one of the best engines I've owned, I have noticed this year its power is slowly going down but only in thick wet grass.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I have a Kohler Courage 18 hp on a 2006 Gravely 1844 XT as of yesterday it has 815 trouble free hrs, all that's been done is oil change once a year approx. 40hrs, adjust valves every 200 hrs and I check pan bolt torque every year, it has been one of the best engines I've owned, I have noticed this year its power is slowly going down but only in thick wet grass.
I've got the 19 courage, only 2 things has been the needle failing, and now the stupid yellow ez drain is leaking... Gonna replace it with pipe.

tonykarter

Threads
I've got a vintage Honda CR125 karting motor that makes right at 40hp and If I could figure a way to make it run vertical shaft it'd be on my Exmark and that Intek would be history. It runs a Keihin carb with no float in the float bowl, made possible by running a double-pumper fuel pump, float bowl now filled with fuel cell foam to keep the fuel from sloshing. In 1.5-2G turns the float bowl is useless: side loaded with G-force it won't move. Second pump sucks fuel out of the float bowl via a pitot tube, bottom of which is placed at proper fuel height in bowl, proper fuel height is maintained. Running a float bowl you're either flooding it or sticking a piston from a lean-out seizure. So Adios float bowl! AND ADIOS INTEK!

Last edited:

gundawg

Forum Newbie
Threads
The Toro/Exmark engines are made by Lucin who is a Chinese manufacture that makes some really good engines. It is my understanding that the make BMW motorcycle
engines. I wish there were made in the USA but can't have it all. I have had commercial engines from Briggs and Stratton, Kohler, and Kawasaki in the past. So far I do believe I like the V-twin on my Toro zero turn better. I have heard nothing but good about the Toro/Exmark engines and was hesitate about purchasing a Toro Timecutter with the V-twin but based on there reputation for reliability and performance I did and I must say I'm really impressed so far with the engine. Mine runs extremely smooth and quite with plenty of power. They are designed and built to Toro/Exmark specs. Still wish they were USA made, but then again would likely be priced out of the market.