eXmark engine

geelee

Threads
the engine your talking about is made in china to exmarks specs.I work for an exmark dealer and have 45 years experience as a tech. the engine in question runs great and no problems with it.

Romore

Threads
I was looking at a Toro z-turn and am not at all happy with the clone engine, Kohler, Briggs and Stratton and others have spent millions developing and marketing their products only to have an offshore sweatshop produce knockoffs for a fraction of their cost. John Ruskin wrote the bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten in 1861. It is just as true today.

geelee

Threads
yes quality, like the kohler big block that overheated so bad it warped cylinders and spit valve seats out, and if you got past that the plastic cam was just waiting to grenade.or the command series that if the head gaskets didn't leak the oil pan did, the constant ignition coil failures and the rocker arms that come loose. if you were lucky it only lost power, the unlucky ones had valves go into the engine and come out elsewhere. now the wonderful courage single, well lets not go there. if you have a boat it makes a great anchor.This is the reason exmark went looking for a new engine supplier. found a company in china that listened to them, made the changes they wanted. now yes there is a lot of junk out of china I don't disagree. but the 708cc twin run great, been out several years, we sold quite a few and zero failures of any kind. and as far as a clone? who did they clone? now im and old mower tech not an English professor so please excuse the rambling.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
You can still get Kawasaki engines on Toro and Exmark machines. I believe they're available on all of the Exmark machines, but you'll have to step up to the X series models. Perhaps geelee can confirm or dispute that?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I was looking at a Toro z-turn and am not at all happy with the clone engine, Kohler, Briggs and Stratton and others have spent millions developing and marketing their products only to have an offshore sweatshop produce knockoffs for a fraction of their cost. John Ruskin wrote the bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten in 1861. It is just as true today.

Yes it is but we all have too much money and that money is too easy to come buy.
Then we have the ego factor the I got mine for less than you paid for yours so I am so much smarter then you ( even if the mower only lasts 1/2 as long ).
Then there is the total inability of consumers to properly evaluate quality so they blindly follow the pig ignorant opinions of uneducated web nobodies with thousands of brain dead followers.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
yes quality, like the kohler big block that overheated so bad it warped cylinders and spit valve seats out, and if you got past that the plastic cam was just waiting to grenade.or the command series that if the head gaskets didn't leak the oil pan did, the constant ignition coil failures and the rocker arms that come loose. if you were lucky it only lost power, the unlucky ones had valves go into the engine and come out elsewhere. now the wonderful courage single, well lets not go there. if you have a boat it makes a great anchor.This is the reason exmark went looking for a new engine supplier. found a company in china that listened to them, made the changes they wanted. now yes there is a lot of junk out of china I don't disagree. but the 708cc twin run great, been out several years, we sold quite a few and zero failures of any kind. and as far as a clone? who did they clone? now im and old mower tech not an English professor so please excuse the rambling.

Really ?
haven't seen any of them in my workshop so looks like they saved the junk specifically for you .
Seen a lot of Kohler kracks
Briggs with busted ACR's
Kawasakis with busted rocker housings.

However the decision to use cheap Chinese engines has nothing to do with quality because no one makes a quality mower under $ 20,000.
It was 100% CHEAPNESS pure & simple to match the CHEAPNESS of the consumers.
This is because we have all been brainwashed that the perfect capitalist market economy will deliver everything I could ever wish for and it will do it cheaper every year.
And 99.99% of the population firmly believe it to the point of elevating it to the 11th COMMANDMENT.

THE FIRST petrol powered mower my family owned cost £ 52 s52 p52 back in 1962.
It was a quality piece of kit because over 30% of the population worked in industry so no one would buy junk, except older aunties who knitted tea cosies & bought you oversided undies for your birthday.
We still have it, my sister loans it out to the groundskeeper of her unit and I service every 2nd or 3rd year when I go there for boxing day dinner.
Adjusted for inflation a7 cpi rises that mower would cost a touch over $ 3000.
For that money modern man expects a 42" hydro drive with refrigerated cup holder, not an 18 rotary that requires you to rake the clippings manually .

Moose1972

Forum Newbie
Threads
[/QU

GeeLee can i get some advice from you about an exmark im looking at??