Exmark engine oil substitute

Lawn Addict
Threads
»↰↱«......↺↹↭⇎⇎↫↬⇶⇴⇚

AdamE

Threads
I didn't see it mentioned here, but I just stopped to buy a filter and oil for my new Exmark Radius for it's 5 hour oil change. I was expecting to pay $20/quart for the Exmark oil, but the owner of the mower place where I bought the mower said they only use Kinetix oil. It says right on the label it contains Zinc. The website says "Designed for lawn & garden, turf & grounds care, agricultural, heavy-duty commercial, construction and industrial diesel and gasoline powered engines".

The best part was that it was only $3.99/qt.

Anyone ever hear of it?

Last edited:

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not till now, what weight are you using ? Which engine does yours have ?

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I didn't see it mentioned here, but I just stopped to buy a filter and oil for my new Exmark Radius for it's 5 hour oil change. I was expecting to pay $20/quart for the Exmark oil, but the owner of the mower place where I bought the mower said they only Kinetix oil. It says right on the label it contains Zinc. The website says "Designed for lawn & garden, turf & grounds care, agricultural, heavy-duty commercial, construction and industrial diesel and gasoline powered engines".

The best part was that it was only $3.99/qt.

Anyone ever here of it?
Don't know who makes it. But i think Kinetix oil is a house brand for Power Distributors. Probably the same oil the refiner makes for other brands. Bottle just says Kinetix. Probably a very good oil.

Born2Mow

Threads
Does the bottle have a circular seal indicating the API rating of the oil ? If it is what they say, then it should be rated for service SF or SG.

Looks like this.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Does the bottle have a circular seal indicating the API rating of the oil ? If it is what they say, then it should be rated for service SF or SG.

Looks like this.
I used to think that, too, until they took the zinc out to accomodate catalytic converters. Some oils that meet API ratings don't meet some manufacturers ratings anymore. Mobil Delvac is one.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
From website

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210421-042735_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210421-042735_Chrome.jpg
    348.3 KB · Views: 8

Born2Mow

Threads
I used to think that, too, until they took the zinc out to accommodate catalytic converters.
And the API service rating advanced to SH.... and is now at SN. But I believe that all oils rated SF/SG still have the zinc package. These are commonly labeled "for racing", "motorcycle" or some other title that precludes use in street vehicles with catalytic converters.

This oil is rated SJ. Web site: https://www.kinetix-products.com/engine-oil

>> Something very suspicious about this product. Usually the web site will have an "About Us" section that says "we are private business based in Houston" or some such. There is no street address and no other detail.

Last edited: