Engine won’t start

joea99

Threads
It won’t let me upload photos. Says they are to big
You phone or tablet may have an option for saving in a more compact format. Might not be obvious or say for "text or email", or like that.

Joed756

Threads
This model engine requires fuel, air, compression and spark in order to run. Make sure you have each and your problem should be solved.

Joed756

Threads
I don't know what pump you are talking about. What is the pump part number?

Mower bandit

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi I have a 18hp twin v vanguard engine attached to my max 4 6x6. I was repairing a broken chain yesterday and when I finished I rode it around for a second. No problem starting at all. When I turned the engine off and tried to start it back up it started for probably 3 seconds and then stopped and hasn’t started since. I haven’t been using the starter to start it because I am waiting on a new gear so I have been using the pull cord. I am not very good with engines yet. The spark plug had carbon build up on it so I replaced it. I charged the battery. I cleared the air filter. Everything I do doesn’t seem to work. If you have any advice that would be great.
Thanks in advance.

Gord Baker

Threads
Check to see if you have not pinched off a fuel line during repairs and that you do have fuel.
After leaving it sit for 20 min, give it a shot of Quick Start and pull the rope, choke mostly open.

SamB

Threads
Man,I love that graphic! Thanks,scrubcadet10!!

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
If we would look back and read through previous posts and look at the pictures he posted, we'd KNOW it's a fuel delivery issue.
He said if he turns the pump horizontal it pumps but if he puts it in the factory orientation it doesn't pump.