Engine won’t start

AdamHword

Threads
Hi I have a 18hp twin v vanguard engine attached to my max 4 6x6. I was repairing a broken chain yesterday and when I finished I rode it around for a second. No problem starting at all. When I turned the engine off and tried to start it back up it started for probably 3 seconds and then stopped and hasn’t started since. I haven’t been using the starter to start it because I am waiting on a new gear so I have been using the pull cord. I am not very good with engines yet. The spark plug had carbon build up on it so I replaced it. I charged the battery. I cleared the air filter. Everything I do doesn’t seem to work. If you have any advice that would be great.
Thanks in advance.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
if you have any starting fluid or parts cleaner or other combustible substance, put about a tablespoon, or 2 or 3 short spray bursts into the intake... remove the air filter... try to start... if it runs the dies, fuel delivery issue..
if the carburetor has one of those Anti-Afterfire valve on the bottom of it, that could be the culprit. you generally hear a slight click when you turn the key to ON, coming from it.
Also post up the Model and Type numbers.
1625849238357.png1625849245877.png

AdamHword

Threads
if you have any starting fluid or parts cleaner or other combustible substance, put about a tablespoon, or 2 or 3 short spray bursts into the intake... remove the air filter... try to start... if it runs the dies, fuel delivery issue..
if the carburetor has one of those Anti-Afterfire valve on the bottom of it, that could be the culprit. you generally hear a slight click when you turn the key to ON, coming from it.
Also post up the Model and Type numbers.
View attachment 57340View attachment 57341

AdamHword

Threads
whenever I pull the chord it sounds like it’s trying to pull something in but it’s just getting air

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Scrubcadet10 gave a clue for you.

1625849238357.png2.png

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you can't find the model number of the engine post up pictures with all sides shown.

AdamHword

Threads
Closest engine in the picture above is the one all the way on the bottom right

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads