Engine throttle speed not consistent!

Threads
Bring your unit to the dealer you got it from.... Or call him first to see if there is any charge for the job since you used NON etho gas ..........

Yes drain the gas out of the tank and try new gas, but don't use any sta build or other stuff...

Here is a tip take the spark plugs out and spin that puppy over with the choke on so it will drain the carb on it's own... Then take the choke off and spin some more... This way you will have fresh gas in the bowl. Not the old stuff you had in there..

With the plugs out it's not a drain on the battery............ Oh and check for a mouse nest under the air shroud so you won't over heat your engine ~!~!

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
It sounds like you did everything right - full tank, stabilized gas... If it was running good and behaving properly before storage then there must be something that's gotten stuck or plugged a bit while sitting. I'd either replace the current tank of gas with fresh and add some Seafoam, or else add Seafoam to the current tank and use it up (then add Seafoam to the next fresh tank). I'd live with the problem til the carb has had a chance to recover with fresh fuel - and hope it clears up on its own. Last thing I'd do is change any settings from the correct position they were in last fall, to fix a problem that didn't stem from the settings in the first place. And DO NOT mess with the governor! If it was right last fall, it is right now.

If it turns out to be something where you need to take it to the dealer, if it were me I'd be very happy be able to tell them with a straight face that I had switched to fresh fuel etc. but had NOT taken anything apart or monkeyed with any settings. I'm sure dealers get tired of trying to fix the mess people make of their carburetors etc., and that gives them an excuse to charge YOU for the fix, saying it was what you did and not a warranty problem.

Good luck.

I didn't tell the OP to "mess" with the governor; I simply pointed out that it COULD be a problem with the governor, because, after all, it is the governor's job to control engine RPM. The notion that "if it was right last fall, it is right now" is false. Everything that breaks as a time in which it was right...right up until the time it broke. I've had experiences with "it was right when I shut it off a minute ago...and now it isn't."

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Bring your unit to the dealer you got it from.... Or call him first to see if there is any charge for the job since you used NON etho gas ..........

Yes drain the gas out of the tank and try new gas, but don't use any sta build or other stuff...

Here is a tip take the spark plugs out and spin that puppy over with the choke on so it will drain the carb on it's own... Then take the choke off and spin some more... This way you will have fresh gas in the bowl. Not the old stuff you had in there..

With the plugs out it's not a drain on the battery............ Oh and check for a mouse nest under the air shroud so you won't over heat your engine ~!~!

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!
You're not going to generate much manifold vacuum with no spark plug in the cylinder.

Threads
You are almost right on that CPurvis............. With the choke on it will at least get rid of some of it... I was gonna say drop the bowl, but we all know that is gonna mess the warranty up......

Warranty should cover ALL aspects of a mower no matter what fuel is used if it's no greater than 10 pct. I think...

A lot of engines now say no etho at all or greater than 10 pct.... I wish they would make the right stuff with corn than putting it in our gasoline ~!~!

I am a K-100 fuel treatment dealer now and it's a etho reversal as well as absorbs water and stabilizes gas for a LONG time.....

K-100 also makes water burn ~!~!

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

Needs to be maintained according to the manual in order to be covered under warranty. It appears that it's been stored greater than 90 days with the fuel in it and he doesn't say whether he ran it dry before storing. If he didn't the warranty is voided. I think it's unlikely that what appears to be a fuel related issue will be covered under warranty. It doesn't need to be ethanol fuel to cause carb problems...you must know that.

Threads
Yes I agree that storage over 90 days is not good at all... But like Bull Rider said ............ He put it in storage early December and it's the 1st week of April Only 30 days over the limit...

Years ago when I was doing warranty work I helped a few people out that were over their warranty by a few months....

Let's see what he does to solve the issue..... I hope he can do it by the advice WE ALL gave him...

Rickcin

Threads
Needs to be maintained according to the manual in order to be covered under warranty. It appears that it's been stored greater than 90 days with the fuel in it and he doesn't say whether he ran it dry before storing. If he didn't the warranty is voided. I think it's unlikely that what appears to be a fuel related issue will be covered under warranty. It doesn't need to be ethanol fuel to cause carb problems...you must know that.

And, I have no way to get it to the dealer even if they corrected it for free I would have to pay to get it there and back.

I will first drain the fuel and fill with fresh fuel and Seafoam. Since the engine runs it should flush out and water or bad fuel if that is the case which I’m guessing it is.

Rickcin

Threads

And, I have no way to get it to the dealer even if they corrected it for free I would have to pay to get it there and back.

I will first drain the fuel and fill with fresh fuel and Seafoam. Since the engine runs it should flush out and water or bad fuel if that is the case which I’m guessing it is.

Does Seafoam deal with water in gas?