Engine Run

JCMJr

Forum Newbie
I have a push lawnmower that has a Quantum 5 hp Briggs & Stratton engine on it. I cannot keep the engine running. I have put carburetor cleaner in it and pulled the chord to confirm that the engine does run. I took the carburetor off the engine and used a compressor to blow out all of the orifices. I put the carburetor back on the engine and it will initially run and then quit. I have tried to mess with the choke to keep it running, but, it does not work.

Please Help
 
Welcome to LMF...
I'm sure this will get moves to a more appropriate location ... but till then
... It sounds like the fuel pump diaphragm may need to be replaced... easy job, but there are 2 types... is this a old model OR new model??
is it a steel fuel tank with a metal carb OR is it plastic? :smile:KennyV
 
Welcome to LMF...
I'm sure this will get moves to a more appropriate location ... but till then
... It sounds like the fuel pump diaphragm may need to be replaced... easy job, but there are 2 types... is this a old model OR new model??
is it a steel fuel tank with a metal carb OR is it plastic? :smile:KennyV
The lawnmower is probably 10 years old. It has a plastic gas tank and a metal carb: JCMJr
 
Hey there! WELCOME to LawnMowerForum! :biggrin:

I moved your thread to the Small Engine & Mower Repair Forum. You'll get a better response there. :thumbsup:
 
Back
Top