Engine Run

JCMJr

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a push lawnmower that has a Quantum 5 hp Briggs & Stratton engine on it. I cannot keep the engine running. I have put carburetor cleaner in it and pulled the chord to confirm that the engine does run. I took the carburetor off the engine and used a compressor to blow out all of the orifices. I put the carburetor back on the engine and it will initially run and then quit. I have tried to mess with the choke to keep it running, but, it does not work.

Please Help

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Welcome to LMF...
I'm sure this will get moves to a more appropriate location ... but till then
... It sounds like the fuel pump diaphragm may need to be replaced... easy job, but there are 2 types... is this a old model OR new model??
is it a steel fuel tank with a metal carb OR is it plastic? :smile:KennyV

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
About how long does the engine stay running before it quits?

JCMJr

Forum Newbie
Threads
Welcome to LMF...
I'm sure this will get moves to a more appropriate location ... but till then
... It sounds like the fuel pump diaphragm may need to be replaced... easy job, but there are 2 types... is this a old model OR new model??
is it a steel fuel tank with a metal carb OR is it plastic? :smile:KennyV
The lawnmower is probably 10 years old. It has a plastic gas tank and a metal carb: JCMJr

JCMJr

Forum Newbie
Threads
About how long does the engine stay running before it quits?
The engine only runs a few seconds. I guess it runs as long as the carburetor cleaner lasts from squirting it in the carburetor orifice.

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey there! WELCOME to LawnMowerForum! :biggrin:

I moved your thread to the Small Engine & Mower Repair Forum. You'll get a better response there. :thumbsup: