Electric clutch problem

dq72

Threads
Hi all, I'm lookin for an electric clutch for my mower. My mower is a Bush Hog ZT180. The clutch bearings are shot. It's a Warner CMSS-175 5218-46 and it's a dual belt clutch. Putting a used one on is out of the question. I have found a new one but it'll cost $300-$330. Not trying to sound like a tight wad but I'm thinkin there's surely one somewhere that's cheaper than $300. Does anyone konw if there's a replacement for less $$$. It has to be a dual pulley clutch. Thanks in advance, David...............

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
A Warner 5218-46 clutch is not very common. If you are able to find one, you better grab it!! JThomas shows them at $250, but that doesn't mean that they have it in stock.

dq72

Threads
Yea I found the J. Thomas site by doing a google search and I called them to make sure they have it in stock and the guy said they do so I ordered it. He said there's not a replacement for it or an upgrade version. Oh well, the original lasted 740hrs so hopefully this new one will go atleast that long. Well thanks for your input. I appreciate it. David..........

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yea I found the J. Thomas site by doing a google search and I called them to make sure they have it in stock and the guy said they do so I ordered it. He said there's not a replacement for it or an upgrade version. Oh well, the original lasted 740hrs so hopefully this new one will go atleast that long. Well thanks for your input. I appreciate it. David..........

Hi David,
That is good, J Thomas and one other company had your clutch listed at $300 when I searched.
Take care
Mad Mackie in CT:laughing::wink::smile: