Edelbrock Electric Fuel Pump For IS3000Z

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I'd take that pulse line off, and bend it, check for cracks or dry rot you could be losing pulse through,,,,

Ariens A19A42

Threads
Hi all,
I’m tired of trying to fix my old Ferris IS3000Z which is not getting fuel from the OEM gravity fed pump. I was recommended the Edelbrock 17301 electric pump. As an fyi I have blown out lines in tank, changed filter etc. etc. and even put a new replacement OEM GFed pump and no gas to carb.
Here is a link to the pump on Edelbrock website with specs. https://www.edelbrock.com/universal-micro-electric-fuel-pump-38-gph-144-lph-gasoline-e85-17301.html
Thanks
The pump is $48 on Amazon with free shipping if your a Prime member. It might be like the other Edelbrock pumps that need to be lower than the tank so fuel drains to it then pump gets pumping to the motor.

jagg2236

Threads
Hi all,
I’m tired of trying to fix my old Ferris IS3000Z which is not getting fuel from the OEM gravity fed pump. I was recommended the Edelbrock 17301 electric pump. As an fyi I have blown out lines in tank, changed filter etc. etc. and even put a new replacement OEM GFed pump and no gas to carb.
Here is a link to the pump on Edelbrock website with specs. https://www.edelbrock.com/universal-micro-electric-fuel-pump-38-gph-144-lph-gasoline-e85-17301.html
Thanks
The only issue I see with the electric pump is to much fuel pressure. I believe a 12v pump auto carburetor is around 15lbs Of course you can install a regulator.
Just looked at that Edelbrock pump. I'd try it!!

Last edited:

donens2018

Threads
Neon:
That particular Edelbrook is too much pressure and fuel volume.
How did you confirm fuel not getting to the carb? I would suggest removing the output side of the fuel pump and crank it over to see if the pump is working first. If the pump is giving you fuel, then check that the carb fuel solenoid is working. If the solenoid is defective, it will stop all fuel from getting to the intake, whether vacuum or electric.
I've installed numerous electric fuel pumps on big auger Kohler Command Pro twins. PSI is critical, no more than 3PSI. Also, one thing to remember is it pumps whenever the key is on, whether it starts or not.

mwshaw

Forum Newbie
Threads
Watch this. This gives you a idea how the pulse fuel pumps work.
That vacuum hose is a key to getting the fuel to the carburetor. Follow the video and check out the pump. You could still have a bad pump. The vacuum hose needs to be in good shape and connected at both ends.I would do my best to make it work before mounting an electric fuel pump.
I have seen dealer blow into fuel tank to prime pump and then it worked well and started right up. Just need fuel in it to work.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
The only issue I see with the electric pump is to much fuel pressure. I believe a 12v pump auto carburetor is around 15lbs Of course you can install a regulator.
Just looked at that Edelbrock pump. I'd try it!!
Neon:
That particular Edelbrook is too much pressure and fuel volume.
How did you confirm fuel not getting to the carb? I would suggest removing the output side of the fuel pump and crank it over to see if the pump is working first. If the pump is giving you fuel, then check that the carb fuel solenoid is working. If the solenoid is defective, it will stop all fuel from getting to the intake, whether vacuum or electric.
I've installed numerous electric fuel pumps on big auger Kohler Command Pro twins. PSI is critical, no more than 3PSI. Also, one thing to remember is it pumps whenever the key is on, whether it starts or not.
The pump is $48 on Amazon with free shipping if your a Prime member. It might be like the other Edelbrock pumps that need to be lower than the tank so fuel drains to it then pump gets pumping to the motor.

That edelbrock pump is too much volume, 38 GPH....

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'd take that pulse line off, and bend it, check for cracks or dry rot you could be losing pulse through,,,,
I agree 100%. The mower and engine are from 2004. Any cracks, cuts or holes is going to reduce the vacuum. In fact, I would replace the pulse hose and hose clamps before I went any further.

biggertv

Threads
Search Amazon or Ebay for Electric Fuel Pump. Get a Cheap one. I did that for my Murray and it Never Ran Better! No more occasional surging, Instant starts. Any Cheap Pump will do. You're not Racing it, right?

georgPru2

Forum Newbie
Threads
First of all ,top feeding fuel tanks have problem with the line coming out of top fitting ,and settling on bottom of tank-thus no fuel, no matter what kind of fuel pump you use .Also the line could be plugged up ,causing the same effect. Go buy a "primer bulb" for an outboard ,and then you can diagnose the problem. Walmart sells them. choose the correct line size. Either 1/4" or 5/16" fuel hose.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I agree 100%. The mower and engine are from 2004. Any cracks, cuts or holes is going to reduce the vacuum. In fact, I would replace the pulse hose and hose clamps before I went any further.
I replaced the pulse line on my mule with a Tygon line..