ECHO Shred 'N' Vac - ES-250 vs ES-255

Which Echo Shred N Vac would you choose?

• Total voters

bgarfinkel

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm looking for a recommendation on a lawn vacuum and have narrowed it down to either the Echo ES-250 ($229.99) or the ES-255 ($329.99).

ES-250 - ECHO ES-250 Easy Starting Leaf Vacuum Leaf Blower Shred N Vac - ECHO USA | ECHO USA
ES-255 - ECHO ES-255 Easy Starting Leaf Vacuum Leaf Blower Shred N Vac - ECHO USA | ECHO USA

Both appear to have metal blades.

Both have the same sized engine (25.4 CC)

The only real difference I can see is that the ES-255 comes with a nicer top handle, the i30 start system, and a blower tube that is pinched at the end instead of round.

ECHO Shred 'N' Vac ® Comparison | ECHO USA

I will not be using this commercially.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just went through this do your self a favor go look at the stihl sh86c its more powerful than the echo and does a great job and was only about $300 total

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'd go with Exotion on this, Sh 86 at $279.00 better than either Echo

SH 86 C-E Specifications
DISPLACEMENT27.2 cc (1.66 cu. in.)
ENGINE POWER0.8 kW (1.1 bhp)
WEIGHT5.6 kg (12.3 lbs.)
FUEL CAPACITY440 cc (14.9 oz.)
AIR VELOCITYRound: 69 m/sec (154 mph)
Flat: 85 m/sec (190 mph)
AIR VOLUME (Vac mode)770 m[SUP]3[/SUP]/h (453 cfm)
SOUND PRESSURE RATING70 dB(A) (Vac & Blower)
Measured per ANSI B 175.2
BAG CAPACITY1.5 cu. ft. = 1.2 bushel
AIR VOLUMERound: 780 m[SUP]3[/SUP]/h (459 cfm)
Flat: 610 m[SUP]3[/SUP]/h (359 cfm)

ModelsES-255ES-250
Engine Displacement (cc)25.425.4
Carburetor (w/Purge Pump)RotaryRotary
Starting Systemi-30™Standard
Fuel Capacity16.216.9
Average Air Volume (cfm-pipe)354391
Maximum Air Speed (mph-pipe)191165
dB (A)6970
Dry Weight (lbs)11.810
Consumer Warranty5 years5 years
Commercial Warranty2 years2 years
Rental Warranty90 days90 days
MSRP$329.99 *$229.99 *

bgarfinkel

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the Stihl recommendation and the specs. The Stihl has a 1.2 bushel bag and the Echo's have a 2 bushel bag.

Should I be concerned that the Stihl is almost half the size of the Echo?

Both units appear to have very similar blower performance with the Stihl having an edge with the round tube.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I got a chance to use the bag and vac the other day the bag is more than adequate I am quite strong and by the time the bag finally got close to full it was very heavy. I think that the smaller bag might actually be a good thing. Also I fit so many leaves in it and it took a while to fill

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I got a chance to use the bag and vac the other day the bag is more than adequate I am quite strong and by the time the bag finally got close to full it was very heavy. I think that the smaller bag might actually be a good thing. Also I fit so many leaves in it and it took a while to fill

Well if you take a minute and think about it you of all people should know how heavy that would be. I would think the bag on your vac would be real similar to emptying the bag on your Honda.

rhahn50

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm looking for a recommendation on a lawn vacuum and have narrowed it down to either the Echo ES-250 ($229.99) or the ES-255 ($329.99).

ES-250 - ECHO ES-250 Easy Starting Leaf Vacuum Leaf Blower Shred N Vac - ECHO USA | ECHO USA
ES-255 - ECHO ES-255 Easy Starting Leaf Vacuum Leaf Blower Shred N Vac - ECHO USA | ECHO USA

Both appear to have metal blades.

Both have the same sized engine (25.4 CC)

The only real difference I can see is that the ES-255 comes with a nicer top handle, the i30 start system, and a blower tube that is pinched at the end instead of round.

ECHO Shred 'N' Vac ョ Comparison | ECHO USA

I will not be using this commercially.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks.

I've had an ES-255 for 4.5 years and it has worked fine until now. The flywheel broke and was covered under warranty. Gas is now leaking out of the bottom of the carburetor and even though the emission warranty specifically states the carburetor is covered the distributor will not authorize the replacement as he states that it is a maintenance item and just needs to be rebuilt. The shop says that it can't be rebuilt and Echo will never authorize a carburetor replacement and that it needs to be replaced. Echo Customer Service is no help what so ever and goes by what the distributor says. I can't even escalate this problem past the first level of support as I'm still waiting for that busy supervisor to return my call. After reading warranty reviews on the internet and having first hand experience with an arrogant Echo distributor agent and Echo Customer Support I will never consider another Echo product. I hope this is not too late for your purchase but if the warranty matters stay away from Echo.

MowerMike

Threads
Object moved
Thanks for the Stihl recommendation and the specs. The Stihl has a 1.2 bushel bag and the Echo's have a 2 bushel bag.

Should I be concerned that the Stihl is almost half the size of the Echo?

Both units appear to have very similar blower performance with the Stihl having an edge with the round tube.

Before you run off and buy the Stihl, you might want to read the reviews. They're not all rosy.

Object moved

Also, the Stihl basic warranty for residential use is not nearly as good as Echo's.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
As far as power the stihl is the way to go. As far as it can be a pita to start I can attest to that.. but to that difficult