easter

jd335

Threads
hope everyone has a wonderful easter weekend i hope i can call it that instead of a holiday.:smile:

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
YES, We can call it Easter !
Have a Happy Easter weekend !
:biggrin: :thumbsup:

hope everyone has a wonderful easter weekend i hope i can call it that instead of a holiday.:smile:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
YES, We can call it Easter !
Have a Happy Easter weekend !
:biggrin: :thumbsup:

If you're religious....:biggrin:

Or, you can say Happy Spring Festival! Which is what the holiday was when the Pagans celebrated it. BEFORE the Christians Hijjacked it during the Crusades/Inquisition........:laughing: Where do you think the trees decorated in eggs, the easter bunny, and colored eggs come from? :smile:

But, I'm not offended in the least if those religious people want to say "Happy Easter"!

So, Happy Easter weekend! (I'm just happy to have a 3-day weekend - so today truly IS "good Friday"! :biggrin:)

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Everytime Easter rolls around, it makes me recall something that occured to me at work back about 1994. We had a mail delivery driver (courier) in our division, he was in his early '60's and was known to drink breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the same day. Therefore he usually looked like he had slept off a drunk the night before.

That Monday morning after Easter Sunday, I saw him at work, he was unshaven, clothing badly wrinkled as though he had slept in them, and he could barely function doing his job. I asked him, "Hey Ken, what did the Easter bunny bring you this year"....

His reply: "A HANGOVER...."

Not surprising, really. My boss used to joke that old Ken had two working speeds: SLOW, and SLOWER.