Driving tractor in winter

Ever think of washing the salt off?

Washing it off isn't a option I have. No way of doing so in the freezing weather winter months. That is why I have just a tractor for snow removal. Just a good sanding and paint job when the rust starts. Tractor is 21 years old and still looks good. If you can wash your tractor in the winter where you live you must have a heated place to do so or live in a lot warmer climate then upper NY. Yes we do have car washes but I sure am not going to load my tractor to do so and after the wash job have every thing freeze up on the tractor.
 
Washing it off isn't a option I have. No way of doing so in the freezing weather winter months. That is why I have just a tractor for snow removal. Just a good sanding and paint job when the rust starts. Tractor is 21 years old and still looks good. If you can wash your tractor in the winter where you live you must have a heated place to do so or live in a lot warmer climate then upper NY. Yes we do have car washes but I sure am not going to load my tractor to do so and after the wash job have every thing freeze up on the tractor.

Do you repaint it the same color every time or change it once in awhile?

I sometimes forget that it gets freezing up north.

(( cowboy up and get over it ))
 
Do you repaint it the same color every time or change it once in awhile?

I sometimes forget that it gets freezing up north.

(( cowboy up and get over it ))

Rust-Oleum sunrise red with black trim. Same color ever time because it matches the OEM Wheel horse red which the tractor was painted when made. I like to keep thing original.
 
We get some pretty crazy weather up here in pacific nw I'm in spokane wa it got neg 6 degrees last winter.

We used mag chloride all year last year we had to wash all our snow blowers, spreaders, and trucks we used spicket water and yes it was below freezing we scraped windows and ran the truck the whole time and 5 mins after we were careful where we sprayed water

Freezing water doesn't hurt paint it can cause mechanical problems if not careful.
 
We get some pretty crazy weather up here in pacific nw I'm in spokane wa it got neg 6 degrees last winter.

We used mag chloride all year last year we had to wash all our snow blowers, spreaders, and trucks we used spicket water and yes it was below freezing we scraped windows and ran the truck the whole time and 5 mins after we were careful where we sprayed water

Freezing water doesn't hurt paint it can cause mechanical problems if not careful.

I think you will find the average home owner has no way of washing there snow removal equipment in the winter time. I find when I get done using mine I brush off all the snow I can and oil the drive chain. Then I keep it in a building what is not heated at all. The only problem I have is that the cables will freeze up in real cold weather and I will have heat them. Its the salt they use on the roads that doses all the damage but its a way of life for us upper New Yorkers.
 
Back
Top