Driving tractor in winter

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Before I had a car my road bike had a solid piece of rubber for tires no air. In the winter I drilled about 100 3/4" screws in left about 1/8 between head and rubber people couldn't believe I was riding on snow and ice with no problem. If there wasn't snow or ice my plan backfired and was very dangerous to try and balance.

X-man

Threads
Another question, would I have to worry about rust on my tractor in the winter? There's no rust on it now except for two small spots.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Another question, would I have to worry about rust on my tractor in the winter? There's no rust on it now except for two small spots.

Don't know anything as to where you live, but here in NY anything that looks like a road get salted down. Yes your tractor will rust if ran on salted roads in the winter time. I have a tractor just set up for snow removal and ever few years I have to give it a good coat of paint to cover the rust.

metz12

Threads
ya its going to rust. salted roads and metal dont mix. i would paint the rust then when give it a good cleaning come march when it starts getting warmer.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ever think of washing the salt off?

metz12

Threads
That would make to much sense.

(( cowboy up and get over it ))

the water might freeze off too. unless he has a heated garage. i just clean mine off after winter because i dont have a garage like the rich folk

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ill take freezing water over rusty salt anyday. And generally speaking spicket water that comes from inside your house is above freezing. This will give you enough time to rinse it off before it freezes.

X-man

Threads
Well in general I disconnect my hose in the winter because the plumbing in my trailer is set up weird but I'm sure I'll find another way to wash it after driving it. Maybe a rag and some water.

I typically store my tractor indoors and yes, my shed is heated.

X-man

Threads
Mobile homes are notorious for freezing pipes in the winter. I would rather have a little rust than have one of my pipes burst.