Does anyone own a mower with this feature? The system where you hook up a garden hose to the deck, turn it on, start the mower, turn on the deck, and it's supposed to 'wash' the underside of the deck.
Does it work? What are the advantages/disadvantages to it? What are the problems?
I've always thought this looked like a great idea for longer deck life. At least on paper.......
I use two nozzles on my John Deere LA110 42" deck and they work great. As stated earlier by another poster I start on left side of the deck (as close to the end of the blade & centered is where I located the first nozzle) and finish on the chute side (left side) last. It seems to work and works best if you do it after every mowing. If you don't there is a chance the nozzle will plug up and require cleaning. After cleaning I move the mower onto the drive way and engage the mower to dry the underside of the deck a little before putting it away.
On some mowers you put the nozzle behind the right wheel under the housing.Thanks for the detail - definitely gonna try it next time
Does anyone own a mower with this feature? The system where you hook up a garden hose to the deck, turn it on, start the mower, turn on the deck, and it's supposed to 'wash' the underside of the deck.
Does it work? What are the advantages/disadvantages to it? What are the problems?
I've always thought this looked like a great idea for longer deck life. At least on paper.......