Deck belt too tight

Fishin

Member
I replaced the deck belt on my troy built pony but the belt is so tight that the motor won't turn over. I have tightened the fwd. nut as tight as I can. Any I way I can loosen the belt? Thanks.
 
Did you actually measure it or just trusted the label? Belts are known to come in the wrong length but be labelled correctly. A&I is bad about that.
 
Did you look up the part number or just google "Troy Built Pony deck belt " and order the cheapest one that popped up ?
BEcause if you provided the same total lack of information when buying the belt that you have here there is a 99% chance you got sold the wrong belt .
My wholesale catalogue lists 9 different deck belts under Troy Built Pony
There is a reason why they put that little tag under the seat and it is not to hide a blemish in the paint .
 
Is there an idler adjustment that tensions the belt or a cable one? Should be a cable at least. Why not adjust that? Give the belt more slack.

Might remove the pulley nut that most likely way over torqued. Retorque at factory specs. Little anti-seize would be nice.

1688119224480.png
 
The OP seem to think we can read his mind. With neither the model number or part number ordered by there is only a slight change might be able to give the belt size so he can even take time of his super busy day to measure it.

What they don't understand is that they got help us help them.
 
Last edited:
Not much thinking going on anymore. Just jump on some forum and ask for help. Back on social media for sure. Might of missed some life wasting viral video. Oh look at this viral video on my massive IMAX 4" screen. LOL
 
Back
Top