Deck belt too tight

Fishin

Threads
I replaced the deck belt on my troy built pony but the belt is so tight that the motor won't turn over. I have tightened the fwd. nut as tight as I can. Any I way I can loosen the belt? Thanks.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Did you install an OEM belt or a generic might fit but doesn't belt.

Fishin

Threads
Did you install an OEM belt or a generic might fit but doesn't belt.
It was then same size of the one I had. But now I'm wondering. I think I will see about getting one slightly larger. Thanks.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Did you actually measure it or just trusted the label? Belts are known to come in the wrong length but be labelled correctly. A&I is bad about that.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Did you look up the part number or just google "Troy Built Pony deck belt " and order the cheapest one that popped up ?
BEcause if you provided the same total lack of information when buying the belt that you have here there is a 99% chance you got sold the wrong belt .
My wholesale catalogue lists 9 different deck belts under Troy Built Pony
There is a reason why they put that little tag under the seat and it is not to hide a blemish in the paint .

Fishin

Threads
I ordered from Amazon by oem p/n. I'm going to get a longer belt.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Is there an idler adjustment that tensions the belt or a cable one? Should be a cable at least. Why not adjust that? Give the belt more slack.

Might remove the pulley nut that most likely way over torqued. Retorque at factory specs. Little anti-seize would be nice.

1688119224480.png

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The OP seem to think we can read his mind. With neither the model number or part number ordered by there is only a slight change might be able to give the belt size so he can even take time of his super busy day to measure it.

What they don't understand is that they got help us help them.

Last edited:

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not much thinking going on anymore. Just jump on some forum and ask for help. Back on social media for sure. Might of missed some life wasting viral video. Oh look at this viral video on my massive IMAX 4" screen. LOL

Fishin

Threads
Is there an idler adjustment that tensions the belt or a cable one? Should be a cable at least. Why not adjust that? Give the belt more slack.

Might remove the pulley nut that most likely way over torqued. Retorque at factory specs. Little anti-seize would be nice.

View attachment 65487
There's no adjustment. Thanks. It's 07 Pony