Darn customers

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
PT, be thankful not everyone is as knowledgeable as you. Personally, I'm more frustrated by those who think they know more, rather than less.

If folks were only as knowledgeable as me, we'd all be in a world of hurt. Imagine, I was less than 10ft away from an extra washing machine hose, trying to think of a way to hook the garden hose to the pressure washer. :unsure::unsure::unsure:

OldDiyer

Threads
PT if you go to Ace Hardware you can get an adaptor to do what you need, I had to get one when I used wash machine flexable metal hose on my garden hose box.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
PT if you go to Ace Hardware you can get an adaptor to do what you need, I had to get one when I used wash machine flexable metal hose on my garden hose box.
Not only do most people not know (about the basics), they do not want to know or learn. I complain to my wife about it, and she says that is why they have people like me.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
What's that old saying?
"I'm not that smart. Everybody else is just that stupid."

upupandaway

Threads
When you explained, did u get a Gilda Radner "Never mind." ?

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads

I got a double female connection coming. LoL.. It was ordered before I found the washing machine hose.

The funny thing about this is, when it gets back to the customer, he'll use it once or twice, then store it. Then it'll get covered over and forgotten about for a couple of years. And then brought back because the carb is clogged up.

But that's job security, I suppose. right?

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
The funny thing about this is, when it gets back to the customer, he'll use it once or twice, then store it. Then it'll get covered over and forgotten about for a couple of years. And then brought back because the carb is clogged up.

That's pretty much every tiller, generator and pressure washer.

jviews12

Threads
I have had female-female connectors in the past. Inside diameter uncertain. They exist.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I got a double female connection coming. LoL.. It was ordered before I found the washing machine hose.

Yes it is job security per say but it is still frustrating. I am just as guilty on the generator front. It been sitting in the barn now for 8 yrs unused. I actually tried to sell it 8 yrs ago and no one wanted it. But do expect it not to work at all.

Repairs are what we do for a living and if everyone took good care of their equipment I would be out of a job.

Besides none of us can know everything. This is why there is so many different types of jobs. I would not want a plumber doing my heart surgery or vice versa.