Cub Cadet 2145 Onan Engine

lukey19

Forum Newbie
Threads
My problem started with needing a new Ignition Coil. We replaced the coil but during the installation, the two lower gears of the engine fell out. I purchased the manual to help put the gears back in but after we got the engine back together, the fly wheel will not make a complete 360o rotation. It gets stuck rotating in the same spot in both directions. What is my next step. We checked the timing again and it is correct as the manual states.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
What is the model number of your Onan engine? :biggrin:
Is it a two cylinder engine?:smile:
If two engine gears fell out, where did they fall out from?:eek:
What did you do to reinstall the engine gears?:confused2:
You more than likely need more than a new coil!!!!:rolleyes:

lukey19

Forum Newbie
Threads
it is an onan elite 140, single cylinider. We also had a front timing cover gasket leak. that is how the gears fell out. we were changing the gasket after we replaced the coil. Other then that the engine was in great shape.

Mowerdawg

Threads
need pics and step you replaced the gears in....sounds like timing...however.........:eek:

lukey19

Forum Newbie
Threads
Pretty sure we figured it out. Not all the dots on gears were lined up. Working now. Thanks:smile:

Kenwells

Forum Newbie
Threads
I had to replace the coil on my 2145 a few years back, must be a weak part.

iamgregf

Forum Newbie
Threads
Picked up an older Cub Cadet 2145 from craigslist. Tried it out and the owner said it did start a little hard but I worked when I went to try it out and when I picked it up. Got about 3 passes on my .8 acre lawn before the trouble started. Decided I better have the lawnmower repair man have a crack at it and it is the coil....:mad

$300 for a older used mower. $200/$300 for the work being done on it now. PRAYING that after I get it back it will last me 3 or 4 years as long as I keep it maintained - otherwise it was not a very good bet on my part!

papa976

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a cub 2145 Onan elite 140 engine. stalls after 20 min. running. Have replaced fuel filter, fuel pump,spark plug and flushed the gas tank.Still stalling. Thinking maybe Ignition coil?

Kenwells

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a cub 2145 Onan elite 140 engine. stalls after 20 min. running. Have replaced fuel filter, fuel pump,spark plug and flushed the gas tank.Still stalling. Thinking maybe Ignition coil?
I think everyone that has had a 2145 for a period of time has replaced the coil (me included).