Craigslist

Bison

Threads
I save different amounts depending on what the item is. For example if I get a lawn mower for free then I make 100 percent profit. Foe example I got a 6.75 horse Briggs and stratton self propelled lawn mower with a bag for 20 bucks. I had to put in about 20 more fr or parts. So I was 40 in the whole. This morning I just sold it for 60 dollars. So now I made 20 dollar profit. But remember I had it for like 2 months before I sold it. So at his point its like free money.
I think you lost money if you count the time and expense to get it and the parts and fix it.

I bought a 25 KW diesel genset in a shack on skids. i paid $3500 for it, it cost me a tank of diesel and 5 hr time to get it.
I did not spend a dime on repairs. I did not even unload it from the trailer,..i sold it a month later for 7 grand..now THAT is a profit ;)

Mudface777

Threads
Yes it is. However I usually buy push mower for around 20 to 25 bucks. Most of the time I can get them to run with a simple clean up and tune up then I sell them for around 50 to 60 bucks. So my profit is not much but when I sell like 3 to 5 of them a week. It starts to add up.

tomsil

Forum Newbie
Threads
Would you buy a hedge trimmer on Craigs list? need a back up trimmer

Mudface777

Threads
Yes I bought 3 so far of craigslist. I bought a craftsman, sthil and an echo. I sold the craftsman but the other two work awesome. Sometime they may have a few small issues but with a tune up your good to go.

Bison

Threads
Yes it is. However I usually buy push mower for around 20 to 25 bucks. Most of the time I can get them to run with a simple clean up and tune up then I sell them for around 50 to 60 bucks. So my profit is not much but when I sell like 3 to 5 of them a week. It starts to add up.
I have 2 of them contraptions cluttering my shop, one is a hard starting beotch, the other one needs a needle and seat(can't seem to find parts for these throw away pieces of chit):rolleyes:
I'll give them to ye,..come get them quick before they end up in the dump!

Mudface777

Threads
I mean I am not driving to Canada for some hedge trimmers and I am sure tomsil wont either. Were from Maryland and New Jersey. lol

RetiredGuns

Threads
I just bought a Hustler Raptor and put my 9 years old Cub LT1042 on Craigslist for $700. I sold it in literally 25 minutes! I asked a few neighbors & friends if they wanted it for $500 with no takers. For my safety I do carry a concealed weapon (legally) for all my CL transactions.

Nwatson99

Threads
I just bought a Hustler Raptor and put my 9 years old Cub LT1042 on Craigslist for $700. I sold it in literally 25 minutes! I asked a few neighbors & friends if they wanted it for $500 with no takers. For my safety I do carry a concealed weapon (legally) for all my CL transactions.
No on can blame you for that, heck I carry all the time regardless you never know when crazies are out and about, plus with this knock out game those punk / fools are doing I do not plan on being a defenseless victim.

Mudface777

Threads
I hear ya guys. I am in the process of getting a carry license for the rascals around here

Derson59

Threads
I buy the push mowers or just run around the cities finding ones on the curb then fix them up and sell them. I also repair them so that helps too. Mostly push mowers and trimmers I might do snow blowers this winter.....