Craftsman Rotary Lawn Mower Wont Start 7.0 HP Power Propelled 21

argh! pulling hair out now...replaced key and put mower back together....it started an ran for about 10 secs....then stopped....now it appears I have no spark....frustrating to say the least...:mad:
 
Last edited:
yepper fuel in bowl....checked during darkness and absolutley no spark....I even disconnected the safety kill ground wire and tested....I can only assume the magneto just died too...wow....but ****
everything will be brand new when I am done....there is no flywheel timing adjustement I could have missed right....I am pretty good with cars and mechanics....the flywheel and key appear to only go on one way and it appears there is no adjustment to the magneto other than the mounting bolts which I didnt ouch until after I wasnt getting spark?
 
did you check the gap for the magneto?....the flywheel may have settled after the 10 seconds...it a longshot but possible.....was the flywheel nice and tight after the key replacement and is it tight now?....dont get discouraged.....its something basic....take a deep breath and go over everything you just worked on :thumbsup:
 
Thanks for all the help.....what should the gap be? I was thinking about a gap like in old point/magneto distributors when I loosened it to check after it died and gave no spark. I guess I need to get the old feeler gage? I havent had one in a few yrs or is there some old trick like match books?
Everything seemed tight still but I will
recheck everything tomorrow...:biggrin:
 
Back
Top