Craftsman Mower Model 917287131 more added.. HELP..LOL

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Craftsman Mower Model 917287131 more added.. HELP..LOL
Parts are probably a lot cheaper over there but those plates regularly get welded then the hole machined or a top hat bush made for a bigger hole depending weather I am in a welding or machining mood .
The Owners manual tell you to oil the hole ( year right ) weekly however if you blow the area around it out with compressed air at least once a season followed up with a saturation spray of dry lithium chassis grease ( let it sit for a long while for thee solvent to evaporate ) you will hopefully never have to repeat the job you have now become very skilled at doing.
Sorry if my assumption about the parts being the same as husky ones caused you grief

wheelie

Threads
Parts are probably a lot cheaper over there but those plates regularly get welded then the hole machined or a top hat bush made for a bigger hole depending weather I am in a welding or machining mood .
The Owners manual tell you to oil the hole ( year right ) weekly however if you blow the area around it out with compressed air at least once a season followed up with a saturation spray of dry lithium chassis grease ( let it sit for a long while for thee solvent to evaporate ) you will hopefully never have to repeat the job you have now become very skilled at doing.
Sorry if my assumption about the parts being the same as husky ones caused you grief
you were more help than grief.... I was my own problem in not tearing down first.. .. no harm..

4950cycle

Threads
Bert, I think I saw my first 46" two blade probably 10-12 years ago on Husqvarna, and maybe MTD in the past 5-6 years.
Gees you make me feel like I am living in backwards hicksville .
Yet to see a 2 blade 46" but I expect they will get here eventually.
Show room models down here that I have seen are all 3 bladed but due to Covid restrictions I have not been around as much as usual and don't loiter in showrooms.
Yea, I just noticed last year the 46 two blade decks on Husky's mainly here in North Central FL.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
cheap trick advertisement
Been reported don't click on the link.