Craftsman lt4000

Duffer72

Threads
I think he said carb kit not entire carb, I just went to 5 different web sites and none of them are showing a p/n for a carb kit or needle and seat kit, I would just try cleaning the carb out good and reinstall first, there may just be a piece of something stuck in the need seat. And as I said earlier a shut off valve will take care of the problem also for about $5-6 , carb will cost you over $100 I'm sure.

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
dont tell him a shut off valve will fix it!:mad:.....that just treats the symptom not the problem.......i use 5 cans because i work in a clean environment....if your using 1 can for that long ...your doing it wrong!

Duffer72

Threads
Yes I have, I bought 5 gallon cans with the basket in them, I'm not a shade tree mechanic, If you worked for me and used that much carb cleaner on one unit you would be gone in 5 min. Not sure how long you have been working on small engines or where but don't tell me I am doing it wrong, when you run a shop with over $ 300,000 in repairs in a year then you can tell me how do things.

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
your full of ****!!...if you know so much ..you would have never opened you stupid mouth in the first place!!...if you fix carb leaks leaks with a shut off valve instead of actually fixing them....then you can just piss off and find some other forum to spew you egotistical horseshit!!!:mad:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just clean the outside of the carb and around the whole area take the carb off and cover the hole with a CLEAN rag put the carb on some news paper take carb apart lay all parts in a line in the order they came off There is no need to fight everyone does not do things the same way

Timathy

Threads
Guys - thanks for your help. I was able to get some time (after watching some how-to-videos) to clean the carb yesterday. Seems to have worked because I was able to fire it up and cut the lawn for an hour afterwards. It idled high (and sounded louder than usual) so I'm sure there's more work for me to do. What's my next step? The two wires that attach to the carb (linkage?) were a little stiff so I just put some WD40 on them after I cut the lawn. Will that solve my problem of the high idle or do I have to mess with one of the two screws? If so, which one? And which way do I turn it? I put both screws back to the same spot they were previously set. One was 2 1/2 turns and the other was 1 1/2 turns. I don't remember which one was which but I have the diagram to refer to if needed.

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
if you have the one on the bottom of the bowl...then thats your high speed screw....and the one on the side is idle screw [ for low throttle]....make small adjustments and see if it smooths things out:smile: