Craftsman 51cc Backpack blower -piston needed

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Being a small independent shop I would work on about everything to make ends meet. But I do draw the line at el cheapo equipment as it is just a waste of my time to even look at it as most repairs are more then they cost new. Many of 4 cycle handhelds usually now requires short blocks to even repair them. And few years ago I was getting unit where to even remove the piston you had to disassemble the crankshaft.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Another reason why I am buying more & more stuff from EMAS in China ( who supply to Rotary, Stens, Prime Line as well as OEM suppliers to MTD , Husqvarna & Stihl + a mile of Chinese brands

MarineBob

Threads
Last year I rebuilt a pretty beat up small tiller I got from the trash. I had picked it up for some parts but thought I could see if it would work at all. Anyway, I ended up putting in a new piston ring, its a cheapo with just one but I got it going well enough to do my small raised bed gardens. I looked on EBay for some sort of parts person and found a couple of piston rings for a few dollars with shipping. If you got the time and energy to expend, you might be able to find what will work or if you are lucky, some old exact parts that are useable. I think its more of a time and how much eneergy is worth the trouble energy issue than actually being able to make it work.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
if it ran with no oil, you may have bearing issues too.

shuroko65

Forum Newbie
Threads
To give some closure to the thread, I ended up getting the short block at a lower price and installed it tonight. The blower runs good now. Thanks for your time everyone!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thank you for that .
Very few come back and a closed successful thread is very worthwhile .

Threads
Even the high end stuff is certain cases isn't even work fixing. You can drop $400+ into a Stihl saw that cost $500 new with a top end cylinder/piston kit and other goodies that are needed.
i bought a cylinder and piston with the rings kit for $50.00 and repaired a Sthil 026 chainsaw, and i'm still usingit 4 years later.