coyotes

173abn

Threads
I hear them all the time at night but I saw one today out hunting.The little guy in my avatar stayed under close supervision.I lost one last year to one and don't plan on losing another...russ

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
We have a real problem with them (them and wild dog packs). Wild dogs 'round here are considered coyotes. Even in Liberal NY......they're [coyotes] always in shotgun season.....just gotta report 'em and tag 'em.........

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
ANYTHING that goes after my dog is "open season" !

Don't mess with this face! Love that Face4.jpg

LEGAL STATUS: The coyote is legally classified as a nuisance
species and may be killed at anytime, except coyotes may not be killed
with a gun, firearm, or other weapon on Sunday. {from DGIF Virginia}

Last edited:

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
There are coyotes around my place in Cleburne County (AL) and I did see one last fall. It was a beautiful animal and I didn't consider it a threat to either me or my dog. It was pretty small -- I couldn't imagine it attacking a German Shepherd Dog. They are considered nuisance animals -- may be hunted year-round.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
There are coyotes around my place in Cleburne County (AL) and I did see one last fall. It was a beautiful animal and I didn't consider it a threat to either me or my dog. It was pretty small -- I couldn't imagine it attacking a German Shepherd Dog. They are considered nuisance animals -- may be hunted year-round.

Have lived in this same rural area for 21 years now but have never seen a coyote, but others I know tell me they have. Our four cats are never out unsupervised and never after dusk, period. IN all the time I have lived here I have seen only one fox, which surprises me. I would think there would be lots more of them around. To those who say they will kill coyotes, GOOD FOR YOU SO WILL I...if I ever SEE one.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Have lived in this same rural area for 21 years now but have never seen a coyote, but others I know tell me they have. Our four cats are never out unsupervised and never after dusk, period. IN all the time I have lived here I have seen only one fox, which surprises me. I would think there would be lots more of them around. To those who say they will kill coyotes, GOOD FOR YOU SO WILL I...if I ever SEE one.

I've heard from my neighbors in Cleburne County that small pets are highly vulnerable to bobcats and coyotes but that something like a German Shepherd Dog is big enough to make them afraid to attack.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
......IN all the time I have lived here I have seen only one fox, which surprises me. I would think there would be lots more of them around.....

Only seen a few in my whole life, but I heard a momma fox calling her young one night.....it is the most blood-chilling sound you'll ever hear. Sounds like a woman screaming in terror.

173abn

Threads
I had several pair of fox around my part.better make sure pets are up to date on rabies shots.also BK what kinda law says anything goes on coyotes except on Sundays?..russ

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I had several pair of fox around my part.better make sure pets are up to date on rabies shots.also BK what kinda law says anything goes on coyotes except on Sundays?..russ

I don't know -- Just one more stupid govt. regulation. No hunting on Sunday in VA, but I don't understand if you are protecting your pets or livestock. I also don't understand why they needed to say gun or firearm. :confused2:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't know -- Just one more stupid govt. regulation. No hunting on Sunday in VA, but I don't understand if you are protecting your pets or livestock. I also don't understand why they needed to say gun or firearm. :confused2:

Maybe, if you get close enough, you can beat 'em to death with a Bible.........