Country Clipper Kohler engine identification.

user4579

Threads
The CV22-67539 is a possible engine that was used on that model. the main concerns would be crankshaft diameter and length when looking for replacement engine. May want to check starter to see if you have the solenoid mounted on the starter or a separate solenoid for wiring purposes.
Thanks! I'm going to pull the engine all the way off later this week and turn the pressure washer loose on it. I already have all the covers off of it so I'm not holding much hope on finding anything. The solenoid is about 2 feet away from the starter under the right fender.

user4579

Threads
I made the assumption that the 2204M was a 22 hp and then did a search for a CV22 using Shivvers as the OEM.
Well that closer than I got as I came up with CV22, CV23, and CV25 depending on deck size.
Thanks for all the help so far, Closing in on something! The deck size is 60" model 6003M.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The model and spec number that I posted has the correct starter setup that is on your current engine.

user4579

Threads
The model and spec number that I posted has the correct starter setup that is on your current engine.
Great! I'm starting to feel pretty good about this buy! A Big Thanks to All!!

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
So what engine would you consider better?

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
As long as the crank shaft diamater and length are the same you can mount a larger hp engine on it.

user4579

Threads
So what engine would you consider better?
Well years ago I would have said Honda or Kawasaki. I had a 4-cylinder continental on a golf course mower that was bullet proof. I'm not a fan of any of the newer brand name engines, but I don't work on them all day long like some on here.

user4579

Threads
The CV22-67539 is a possible engine that was used on that model. the main concerns would be crankshaft diameter and length when looking for replacement engine. May want to check starter to see if you have the solenoid mounted on the starter or a separate solenoid for wiring purposes.
Well after a lot of cleaning I did find one number i

user4579

Threads
Well after a lot of cleaning I did find one number on the base of the block 24-560-11 but when I try to look it up I keep getting an 18 hp. Is it a universal block with just different bore sizes? At least it's coming as a Kohler number.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well after a lot of cleaning I did find one number on the base of the block 24-560-11 but when I try to look it up I keep getting an 18 hp. Is it a universal block with just different bore sizes? At least it's coming as a Kohler number.
The 18-20-22 hp all use the same short block. The 18 has a screw in the carb that only allows the throttle butterfly to open half way. The 22 uses smart spark ignition whereas the 18-20 are fixed timing