Buying Advice Considering 2015 Tiger Cat w/ 27hp Briggs 61" Deck

Sorry I've been slow getting back to the thread about my purchase decision. First, even though the Tiger Cat with the 61" deck was a good buy, deep down I knew I would be better off with a smaller deck. I didn't want to bring up different models until I was sure what I wanted. Well, today the dealer delivered my new Cheetah with the 52" deck and Kawasaki FX730. I have had such great service from my John Deere with the Kawasaki engine, I decided to get what I wanted. So, if anyone has any advice for the this SCAG newbie, please pass it along. Glad to be part of the family!
 
Hi Herbie,
Read and understand the machine and engine operators manuals.
Put some time on your new Cheetah and review it for us.:cool:
Use Kawasaki oil filters, they are more expensive, but will comply with the engine manufacturers warranty requirements.
Read the recommendations for engine oil changes for a new engine.
Run regular engine oil for the first 50 or so hours to allow proper break-in.
Then change to the recommended Kawasaki synthetic blend, usually 10W40.
 
Last edited:
I have a 27 hp briggs els motor on my 2009 garden tractor. The air filter system is pretty weak IMO, especially in comparison to the Kawasaki double filter system. So I familiar with both models and think Mad Mackie comments are on the money.

I also have a 2015 Cheetah with a 27hp Kawasaki motor and the V61 deck. Bought it new and I have 85 hours on it. It has only been serviced by my dealer. I use the Cheetah to manicure my 3 acres. It usually takes me about 2 hrs from start to finish. I paid nearly 11k otd and don't have any regrets. I am 65 and this will probably be my last mower. My wife has learned to use it so she doesnt need me around. Neither of us enjoys mowing, but like the nice looking yard. BTW, my dealer told me to blow out the air filters after each use and the unit will last many years.

I also have a Kawasaki Nomad motorcycle. You can see we also share your preference with the Kawasaki motors.

You were offered a great price on some nice mowers. But I think you choose the right one.
 
Blowing out the air filters with pressurized air is not recommended by any engine or air filter manufacturer!
Donaldson is the manufacturer of the two stage air filtration system that is installed on Kawasaki FX engines.
They do not even recommend tapping the filters to clean them. The outer filter will better filter the incoming air with it somewhat dirty.
I recently replaced the air filters on my Kawasaki FX730V powered Hustler X-ONE at 350 hours for the first time. The inner filter was clean, but I replaced both and reset the airflow indicator.
Never blow out a folded paper air filter with pressurized air!!!!
 
Back
Top