collection system

clpolcar

Threads
I don't feel like spend the 2000 plus for a collection system. Is there any like off brand or cheaper ones that would work. I have a ferris is600z. It has the 48 inch deck And 19 HP Kawasaki engine. Any help or suggestions would be helpful.

Av8r

Threads
I don't feel like spend the 2000 plus for a collection system. Is there any like off brand or cheaper ones that would work. I have a ferris is600z. It has the 48 inch deck And 19 HP Kawasaki engine. Any help or suggestions would be helpful.

I too have the same unit and I elected to get the Ferris Turbo-Vac and I love it. To get a comparable vac, you could spend $2300 and get a Trac-Vac, but it is added weight, cost and maintenance. I have not seen a cheaper version of this and not sure I would want something that isn't build well. Just my two cents.

clpolcar

Threads
I spare no expense when I want something nice. I just wasn't sure if like if I came across a used one that was for a cub commercial if it would work. I could have bought one for under 400 used. But on ferris site the only ones you can get it the turbo and fast vac. I like the turbo vac better. I could always just get a accelerator basket but I want the powered system

Av8r

Threads
Sorry, I can't speak to other units fitting the is600z. The Turbo-Vac seems to be built really well and does great for spring/fall clean up. Heck, it even picks up my acorns. I only use it in spring and fall, then run Gator G6 and side discharge. Good luck.

clpolcar

Threads
How much is a turbo pro system? I was told around 2000 but has anyone bought one and have a exact price.

Av8r

Threads
I paid $2000 for it

clpolcar

Threads
Alright. I'm just starting to look. I'll probably buy one next year. Need the grass to start growing here in northern Ohio.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a collection system on my Scag Tiger Cub and I use it about 90% of the time. Great time saving attachment, but is fairly expensive and relatively high maintenance. Not sure about Ferris, but I can easily remove the blower, install the chute and mow with direct discharge. Every customer that I have I need collection for several reasons, I only mow when needed and they all have lots of trees, so it is frequently a mowing/collection job. My lawn is the only one that I mow more often and don't use the collection system after spring cleanup.
Just some thoughts from
Mad Mackie in CT:laughing::biggrin::smile: