click,click and click

MowerNick

Threads
If the starter is original thats probably the problem. the newer starter looks different. they have had many issues with starters on all the kohler courage engines.

double yellow

Threads
I think you are right . come to think about I did see a solenoid under the seat, Forgot al about it

double yellow

Threads
Agree clean ALL contacts including FRAME and STARTER. Load test battery as suggested aboove. If you have an extr battery, just jump this one with a know strong battery and run the experiment. Sure solenoid may be bad, but lets rule out battery first. Clean solenoid contacts but doubt it is it. CLEAN TEST BYPASS and you will find it.
Thanks, I have checked that also

double yellow

Threads
After checking all cable connections for clean and tight, Connect one Booster Cable to the Starter Terminal and then the other end of that cable to the (+) Battery Terminal. If it starts, you may have a Solenoid Problem.
If it clicks, you may have a Starter problem.
Good idea, will check Monday
Thanks

aussielawny

Threads
My Grav used to do this constantly, installed a starter assist relay, problem solved

Minguen

Threads
I had similar issues on my Massey 2924D (Simplicity in the US). Had a new starter and all i got was a click as the bendix wouldn't engage fully. Battery was good, so ran a wire from the solenoid direct to +ive on the battery. Started immedately. Checked the voltage from the ignition switch to my solenoid and only had 4 volts! Same on the ignition switch from +ive feed to start terminal. Put a new ignition switch on and all is now good.

warb

Threads
My Grav used to do this constantly, installed a starter assist relay, problem solved
My Ariens 1028 Rider will Click Once, hesitate, then start turning over & finally Start. This happens
when Mower Sat for a week. Starts ok when shut off while Mowing. What is a Starter Assist Relay ?

double yellow

Threads
My Ariens 1028 Rider will Click Once, hesitate, then start turning over & finally Start. This happens
when Mower Sat for a week. Starts ok when shut off while Mowing. What is a Starter Assist Relay ?
Don,t know about the starter Assist relay.
My start fust don,t engage the flywheel when I try to start. after a few clicks it engages the flywheel. Think I will try a used sol. that I have,

aussielawny

Threads