click,click and click

double yellow

Threads
I'd remove the old solenoid, take it in to the local auto parts store and see if they could match up a starter solenoid from an older Ford car or truck. You'll never have to worry about it again. Or, you could put a cheapie replacement lawnmower part back on and be good for a few years, maybe.
That would be a good idea Ford tough

double yellow

Threads
We don’t know if the solenoid or starter is the problem. Plus which starter he has, might be a starter mounted solenoid, where your suggestion won’t work. He needs to do some testing to isolate the problem and post back with all unit and engine numbers. DIY guys throw parts at units before finding the problem. Techs on this forum like to find the problem, then throw parts at it.
I will check things out the next go around I have
Thanks

double yellow

Threads
Checked the starter today, removed the top motor cover, where I could see the starter gears when i tried to start it. Looks like the starter is not engageing the flywheel. China starter , The solenoid is within the starter.when i keep trying to start after a few times it engages the flywheel, so I guess I need a new or rebuilt starter.

I think you all for the great help. will tell my grandson the imfo also being he is having the same problem with his CC zero turn Kwa motor. 24HP . His is just 4 months old. Looks like ever where you turn there is junk,

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If the starter is spinning, but not engaging, your solenoid is good. I wouldn’t replace it. You might not need a new starter, just need a replacement bendix kit. Please post all engine numbers and we’ll check to see if one is available. Dd you test battery voltage as I suggested in post #2? May be just a bad battery. I wouldn’t throw parts at it until I knew which component was causing the problem.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Wait until after dark, then try to start. If you see any sparks, that would be a problem area.

double yellow

Threads
If the starter is spinning, but not engaging, your solenoid is good. I wouldn’t replace it. You might not need a new starter, just need a replacement bendix kit. Please post all engine numbers and we’ll check to see if one is available. Dd you test battery voltage as I suggested in post #2? May be just a bad battery. I wouldn’t throw parts at it until I knew which component was causing the problem.
Battery test good, The starter gear is not going up to engauge the flywheel teeth at times. So i figured maybe the sol. was messing up. When i turn the key to start ]and keep trying to start it , it the starter gears springs up to the flywheel.

Thanks again

double yellow

Threads
If I remember correctly the starter wad not spinning. I will check that out again next time I get a chance. Thanks

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not if is an automotive style starter which are used on some Kohlers and Kawasaki.
He said it was a twin cam Kohler Courage engine never seen a shift type solenoid starter on a Courage single cylinder engine. Probably the solenoid.