Cheetah Blades - How do you install..??

Boudreaux

Threads
New Cheetah owner here (61" deck)

Although I have a long way before I need new blades (4.2 hours on the clock), I have gone through the process in my mind over and over. I feel sure removing the upper nut and dropping the blades would be easy enough.

BUT, how do you re-install the bolt with the blade from the bottom in order to apply the nut on top..?? Will the bolt slip into the spindle and stay up long enough allowing the nut to be applied by one person..?? Does it take two people for the middle spindle..??

:confused2: :laughing: :confused2:

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
I can just reach the center blade nut and turn it as I hold the center blade with bolt and I have a 48" deck. Check out the pics in the post from tigercat as the machine needs to be raised up in the front to allow the blade bolts to drop out of the spindles as the bolts are 9 1/2" long. The other consideration is that the blade nut needs to be torqued to 75 FTLBs. No doubt with a 61" deck that another pair of hands is needed.

Steve0853

Threads
New Cheetah owner here (61" deck)

Although I have a long way before I need new blades (4.2 hours on the clock), I have gone through the process in my mind over and over. I feel sure removing the upper nut and dropping the blades would be easy enough.

BUT, how do you re-install the bolt with the blade from the bottom in order to apply the nut on top..?? Will the bolt slip into the spindle and stay up long enough allowing the nut to be applied by one person..?? Does it take two people for the middle spindle..??

:confused2: :laughing: :confused2:

The center nut installation is much easier with two people, but I have done all three bolts and nuts by myself before. I have a Turf Tiger with a 61 inch deck, but I believe the decks on a Cheetah and TT are the same (61 inch Velocity +).

To install the center tap, stick the spindle bolt up through the hole and hold it in place. Then, you have to snake your hand between the frame and the deck to be able to reach the bolt with the tap. It can be done, but not if you reach your hand and arm OVER the frame.

Good Luck with your Cheetah. I test drove one of those and they are fine machines.

P.S. Mackie is right. The front end will need to be lifted at least a foot off the ground to let the spindle bolts drop out of the holes. You can do this with a jack or by using some kind of ramp and driving up on the ramp with just one of the front wheels til it is about a foot off of the ground.

Boudreaux

Threads
Thanks everyone...... I look forward to tackling the change. I feel as though I have a better understanding of how it will be done.

thanks again.....

:thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup: