Cheap Chinses Carb

2ball

Threads
The simple answer is buy from an honest vendor
All of the after market parts suppliers do aftermarket carbs from 1/4 to 1/2 the price of a factory one
So go to the Rotary , Stens, Prime Line & Oregon on line catalogues and look up Walbro LMT carburettor .
Then at their home page look up "find a dealer " .
Many of them actually get the carbs from the same factories that the manufacturers get the original from .
I am yet to get a bad one and I fit quite a few because a new carb is only a bit more expensive than an original float bowl and cheaper than an original solenoid .

Go the lazy way and flick through Ammo Zone or Evil pay any there is a 50:50 chance that you will be buying a defective carb that was rejected by the QC inspector for the engine company or the aftermarket supplier .
Holy smokes this complicated. I'm not sure how to search to find a carb that fits. Walbro LMT carburetor brought no returns searching in those sights. I'm going to drink a couple beers and try again in a few.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well I was trying to make things a bit easier
Try carburetor Briggs & Stratton Also try with the correct TT spelling .
Some will list it as replacing Walbro LMT others will use the B & S number
Stens brought up 3 pages with the more general search

2ball

Threads
Well I was trying to make things a bit easier
Try carburetor Briggs & Stratton Also try with the correct TT spelling .
Some will list it as replacing Walbro LMT others will use the B & S number
Stens brought up 3 pages with the more general search
thanks, I just emailed Stens with all of the information that I have. hope they reply in a day or two. I will keep looking online also.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The problem is most techs can spot a refurbished carb or defective carb from 10 foot away
Most DIY home mechanics can not .
Even worse often the photos that are used on Evilpay & Ammozone are not the actual item being sold but a generic photo
Thus you don't know it has been repaired till you get it in your hands.
Mot vendors require you to pay for the return post and the return post for the defective carb is greater than the original purchase price, so you go & order another .
I have had customers come through the gate demmanding that I fit an original carb because they have bought 2 or 3 on line and every one was defective .
By now of course they needed to borrow a chair & whip to get past the lions & tigers hiding in the 4' grass in their front yard

2ball

Threads
The problem is most techs can spot a refurbished carb or defective carb from 10 foot away
Most DIY home mechanics can not .
Even worse often the photos that are used on Evilpay & Ammozone are not the actual item being sold but a generic photo
Thus you don't know it has been repaired till you get it in your hands.
Mot vendors require you to pay for the return post and the return post for the defective carb is greater than the original purchase price, so you go & order another .
I have had customers come through the gate demmanding that I fit an original carb because they have bought 2 or 3 on line and every one was defective .
By now of course they needed to borrow a chair & whip to get past the lions & tigers hiding in the 4' grass in their front yard
yea, you sold me on quality aftermarket, if I can find one!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Hopefully if we can educate enough people they will stop buying junk off the platforms specifically built for criminals to offload scrap on line then either the platforms will change or the vendors will give up .

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
From the issue you describe, sounds like your float needle is faulty, it can be fixed with Briggs repair parts
231855S
1653357707494.png
and possibly a float, if you find that it does not float, 1653357740211.png

Float is about $12 and needle is about $4.... depending where you look.... shouldn't be more than $20 bucks to fix.... and you have OEM quality.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
On that engine (31C707-0154-E1) Briggs and Walbro does not offer the LMT any longer the replacement is the Nikki PN 594593 for the 2004 year. Now the Walbro is still repairable with a $35 kit (PN 697241) which comes with both gravity and pressure (fuel pump) inlet seats. Just have to install the correct inlet seat. This would resolve the fuel leakage problem. Now the seat is available separately for the gravity version but I recommend the kit as you will need the gaskets anyway.

For someone without the cleaning tools or the knowledge of how the install the inlet seat it is better for them to have a shop do the repairs or buy a new OEM carburetor.

2ball

Threads
From Rotary:

Good morning,

I was able to look into your Model number 31C707-0154-E. I was able to find the OEM number off the carburetor you needed. However we did not cross it back to anything we will have here at Rotary at this time. I will list the OEM numbers I have found as I hope it will help with your search in the future. Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Briggs Carburetor
OEM: 794572
Superseded OEM: 594593
Date code before: 08051400

Thank you, Matt

2ball

Threads
On that engine (31C707-0154-E1) Briggs and Walbro does not offer the LMT any longer the replacement is the Nikki PN 594593 for the 2004 year. Now the Walbro is still repairable with a $35 kit (PN 697241) which comes with both gravity and pressure (fuel pump) inlet seats. Just have to install the correct inlet seat. This would resolve the fuel leakage problem. Now the seat is available separately for the gravity version but I recommend the kit as you will need the gaskets anyway.

For someone without the cleaning tools or the knowledge of how the install the inlet seat it is better for them to have a shop do the repairs or buy a new OEM carburetor.
I think this is the answer. removing and replacing the seat seems do-able.