Carb flooding no matter what I do...

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Paid 3.15 /gal for 89 octane the other day.... 93 (Shell V power) octane was almost 3.50.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Not here in Oklahoma. Most people here don't work at all. Everyday is like school is out and let's go driving around. Traffic is still high here no matter the time of day.

Guess all this free lunch program money and welfare cash, why get a real job? People are making more money off free government hand-outs than working.

Maybe at the start of covid there were less drivers out being super spreaders. Now it's masks off and party time.

slomo
Speak for yourself. I haven't received a single penny of the promise stimulus money. The first time I went again an invested the money that I was to get in my company but at least when the last promises were made I refused to dig deeper in debt until I actually get the money.

Oh they said if you didn't get the money file your taxes and we'll send the money. Well still nothing. Tried calling but can't even get a real person on the phone form the IRS. So if I don't get it by next tax season they are just getting my paperwork without a d*** payment included.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Speak for yourself. I haven't received a single penny of the promise stimulus money. The first time I went again an invested the money that I was to get in my company but at least when the last promises were made I refused to dig deeper in debt until I actually get the money.

Oh they said if you didn't get the money file your taxes and we'll send the money. Well still nothing. Tried calling but can't even get a real person on the phone form the IRS. So if I don't get it by next tax season they are just getting my paperwork without a d*** payment included.
I got all three checks in quick fashion. Course I file my taxes yearly.

slomo

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If people have money and spend it then the economy benefits greatly because we all end up with more business.
Right now all the economics gurus are busy rewriting the text books.
The best thing a country can do for economic wealth is give money to those who have none because they will spend it.
The big problem is middle class welfare where the money gets saved or shoved into inflating assets like real estate.
Just about every country has proved this during the covid crisis.
Countries that were generous like the USA & Aust have booming economies and countries that did not like Korea & Singapore have come out very badly
Dow side here is low interest rates and cashed up middle class has created a feeding frenzie as the middle class & upper class hoover up every property such that like in Ireland property values are increasing as much as 20% in a single year.
The average Australan now owns 7.5 houses yet 37% do not own any property which will create poverty trap a decade or two down the track.

As for people wanting to live on welfare that is fine.
Let those who do not want to work not work so they are no longer hindering the progress of those who do want to work & get ahead
OTOH the labour rates in the USA are just barely above those in most of Asia in a local currency perspective
You can like a lot better life in Vietnam on $ 1.50 / hr than you can in the USA on $ 15.00/ hr

In the immediate post WWII period the giants of manufacturing were a lot more humane than they are now.
Henry Ford would have never closed a factory down in one state throwing thousands of complete families to the wolves because he could build a new factory elsewhere and have the same work done at a labour rate that is 6% cheaper .
But the money grubbing billionires that bought B & S did.
Ford understood markets so when he realised his own workers could not afford to own the cars they made he instituted massive wage rises, productivity bonuses & staff discounts .
That is because he knew it was no good making cars if 2/3 the population could not afford to buy them.
Most people are not lazy
However most of them do not want to have more money than BillGates , they just want enough to live reasonably comfortably and raise a family is peace & security.
Being born into a dirt poor family I can understand this quite well and being forced to work in all sorts of industries I have seen the unmittigatd greed of the top 5% destroying everything they touch.
Tell me that Addias can not afford to make shoes in the USA when they retail for $100 + a pair.' They can afford to pay premier athletes $ 10,000,000 to make TV commercials endorsing their shoes ut can not afford to pay their workers a living wage and outsourced the manufacturing to 3rd world countries .
I worked in a sports shoe factory at one time. The output of the factory was over 500 pairs of shoes per worker a week so the labour costs were next to nothing , yet the factory closed & production moved to India.

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Star you can’t have it both ways. You dont want to pay federal taxes, but you want the government to pay you? Why should I and millions of others who pay their taxes and social security give money to those who refuse to do so. We may not like the rules or laws, but we still must follow them. In this case it helped us get a stimulus check.

guzzijohn

Forum Newbie
Threads
Getting back to the problem-if it has a fuel pump and shut off valve run it off filled carb with valve shut so pump can't overwhelm iffy float needle. That shouldn't be the case with the new carb so If indeed it spits back from one cylinder I'd open the valve cover to see if the intake is closing or being held open a bit by carbon/varnish deposits. I once got a free chipper with no compression. Pulled head, removed and cleaned dirty intake valve stem and ran so so. Then discovered a carb/fuel issue that required partial choke to keep running-that was the cause of valve carbon buildup. As far as fuel issues I simply drain all my mowers, snow blowers, and motorcycles completely for their off seasons. My own mower is a LT100 917.272680 that I swapped the chipper for that had a blown single so I put a n Intek V twin in it. I'm a 75 y.o. lifelong mechanic. I pic up free mowers and snow blowers to fix and sell most of which have carb issues. . A friend runs a 1 man bike shop and 60% of his business is fuel system related.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads

You have to file your federal taxes in order to get the checks. They check to see if you filed or not and dispense checks accordingly.

slomo

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Star you can’t have it both ways. You dont want to pay federal taxes, but you want the government to pay you? Why should I and millions of others who pay their taxes and social security give money to those who refuse to do so. We may not like the rules or laws, but we still must follow them. In this case it helped us get a stimulus check.

You have to file your federal taxes in order to get the checks. They check to see if you filed or not and dispense checks accordingly.

slomo
Rivets and Slomo STOP assuming that I haven't filed my damn taxes. It is the IRS that don't want to pay me what is owed.

Look I have been filing and paying my taxes over forty damn years (actually since 1979) and all a sudden they can't spell my name correctly so the banks are refusing to cash the checks. All I can do is to send the checks back as it is forgery if I sign as the checks are written but even then I still would not be able to cash them. There is no human to talk to at the IRS, to get this straighten out. It looks like the only way to get their attention is to file in 2022 (2021 taxes) which I know I owe taxes and not send in a payment. Maybe then someone from the IRS will call if they are not too lazy to pickup the phone and dial the number provided.

BTW I run legit business that pays its taxes yearly unlike some here that do this work on the side and never pay any income taxes. I also collect and pay state and local sales taxes quarterly. I just sent in over $800 in collected sales taxes.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
the-government-memes-8.jpg
the-government-memes-4.jpg
More....'

I think some taxes are a good form for the gov't to ensure it has money... I'd be happier with a better functioning, spending wise Gov't.... They need to take a Dave Ramsey class for pete's sake.
They can do with out Property and income tax.

SamB

Threads
Back to the topic, here's pic of the needles. See the ring on the tip? Left needle. While I do have shut-offs on all my OPE stuff,that is not an option on an marine engine that may overflow at any time.IMG_5569.JPG