Can't Pull Mower Backwards - HRR216VLA to bearing conversion

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Forget Fedex or any of the flea bay global delivery systems, they are a rip off and just consolodate the freight from the USA to OZ then toss it into the Aust Post system.
Most of the actual retailers ( not Amazon or Evilpay) will know how to ship efficiently.
Jacks Small Engines sent me 6 ride on deck wear plates & 2 discharge chutes and the freight for that was $ 60 US.

The USA model will have imperial fasteners and axels
The EU version uses metric fasteners and axels ,
I found this out when trying to replace wheels where I have to knock the Honda bearings out & put Toro bearings in.

Pixburd

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you use the sealed bearing method you will need to drill out the adjuster to 3/4 in and if you look hard enough you can find a 1/2 by 3/4 seals. One other thing about the sealed bearings, now when I first start mowing my rear wheels will lock up only on the first pull back. These bearing looked light duty so I added 3 bearings to each side. Now I am wondering if I should not have done that. I bought a pack of ten and I could have put 5 on each side but decided on 3. Not a big issue unless it gets worse. I am still mowing about once every 2-3 weeks. My front yard has started to green.
Civic, you said, "if you look hard enough you can find a 1/2 by 3/4 seals."
I tried a couple times, and gave up. Any suggestions of where to look "harder?"