skillet
Member
What I have done in the pass is take a very large dull chisel and hammer and go around the rim at the tire bead. They do make a specal chisel for this.
Thanks for the help, where might they sell a chisel like that?
What I have done in the pass is take a very large dull chisel and hammer and go around the rim at the tire bead. They do make a specal chisel for this.
Is there a way that y'all know of where I can just break the bead and take them off? Is it that hard to just replace them on the rim?
. The rims are soft and can be bent very easily. I would cut them
off with a saw.
Being that they are front tires; why can't you drop the front axle. That way you might be able to work with i easier; put it in a vise etc. You have to buy tires any way; take it there or trailer it. Might be easier. The smaller the tire the more trouble they are. Try a go cart tire..T
Thanks for all the help! I am planning on restoring the tractor to a certain point, (getting it moving and repainted) but don't have the equipment to press the bearings or to even cut those sorry lookin tires off.
As I can see it skillet just doesn't have the tools to do this. Yes this is how you or I would remove these wheels. Maybe bring it to a shop that has these tools?, rent tools, or buy tools. If you are going to restore tractors you will need some equipment to do so. getting it moving will take more then paint, these are just cold hard facts sorry.