California law bans small off-road gas engines, including lawnmowers and chainsaws

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / California law bans small off-road gas engines, including lawnmowers and chainsaws
Thanks Sam
I like to communicate with people and even more to see why they think what they think
Having had an engineering & science based education I try to keep an open mind and accept what has been proven to me as fact till proven otherwise .
Starting at college I attended a lot of public lectures , firstly because most were free & had light refreshments afterwards ( I was broke ) , secondly I realized there was a mass of stuff I had no idea about and finally I usually to meet some potential sexual partners there .
Because of this I got a wide education & got exposed to a lot ideas that normally I would have never persued .
Despite having a religious upbringing the church never managed to brain wash me into blind faith and over the years I have come to understand they are all rubbish and were invented by people to assert control over other people using their ignorance of science as the proof.
Even worse most monothiestaic ones are basically the same when you go back a few translations and of course you can translate the same line of text to say love your neighbour or slaughter your neighbour , on of the more interesting parts of translating dead languages.
The meanings we attribute to a word or phrase can easily be totally wrong.
Once upon a time, cool meant cold but now it means popularly acceptiable, deadly used to mean potentially fatal, now it means great etc etc etc
We have now found that there is a "faith" gene so Hawkins got it wrong after all and the dominance of the faith gene makes some people actually need to believe and further more the absence of having some thing to have a blind faith in can cause the people with a strong belief gene quite unhinged .
I have no real objection to religions , except where they become destructive as they are a culture or when they are used to justify a stupid law . like your anti-abortion laws or anti homosexuality laws etc etc .

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / California law bans small off-road gas engines, including lawnmowers and chainsaws
Enough fellas.
There is nothing special about me and nothing that you can not do yourself.
Start with dropping your face book news feed because all you will see is what it thinks you want to hear
If you subscribe to a news feed , make sure you add one that is not what you would normally listen to so you get different views .
Listen to public radio, there is a plethoria of them in the USA & Canada so you can get news that is not commercially biased.
Even then ask "Why are they saying that ? "
Always look for the motovation .
Ignore any one who starts rabbiting on about conspiracies by undefined persons.
While there are plenty of them out there, the more people involved the greater the probability that it is just a stuff up followed by a cover up
Remember a good parent teachers their children to read
A wise parent teaches their children to question what they read
Back when I was doing QC we used a thing called certaincy tables .
This is a numerical way of determining if the number of items we sampled could be an accurate refection of the entire batch
I can not remember the number but it was just short of 1500
So any survey , poll, clinical trial etc that had less than 1500 participants can be considered highly suspect
1500 = 99.9 % chance that the results from the sample will be the same as the entire batch
1400 ≈ 75 %
1200 ≈ 50 %
Note this assumes a very large group and that your sample was in fact random to start with and not biased (as all political polls are )
So all of those "Clinical trials" that prove some new wonder drug is good can be considered to be nothing more than advertising BS if the trial was not of 1500 or more .
And don't be afraid to change your mind
One of Einstiens little sayings that seems to no longer be fashionable was "The only way to prove you have a mind is to change it regularly when presented with PROOF to the contry "

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
Bert, when I head off to bed shortly I will make a special prayer that all your dreams will come true. Until then, hang in there. You are not alone.

KM Richards

Threads
Cali finally dropped the hammer.
So does this stop people from ordering gas powered equip from outside cali???

Conversation overheard in Folsom Prison out in California....

"Hey man, what are you in for?"
"Dude, I got busted smuggling in 16 pounds of heroin and I got 6 months in this joint... what about you?"
"Well, I got caught smuggling in parts for gas powered lawn mowers and was sentenced to 14 years hard time "

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
Y'all may not know it but in an oil conference with a top CA state geologist about 10 years ago we learned something interesting. He said that about 85% of the crude oil produced in CA is actually owned by the state from settlements with oil companies in the early 20th century. My personal theory is that the top dawgs in the state are looking for ways to get income from other energy sources after that oil flow diminishes, which it will because they have been pumping for almost 120 years now in SoCal.

Last edited:

KM Richards

Threads
Yep... as they say, it's the land of fruits nuts and flakes

SamB

Threads
Yep... as they say, it's the land of fruits nuts and flakes
And although they want electric powered "everything", the fruity nuts want to shut down and not replace the Diablo Canyon power Plant.

KM Richards

Threads
Well, maybe when there is rationing of electricity where they are "allowed" to have power for maybe 2 to 3 hours a day like they do in some third world countries.... maybe the people will revolt!

If lived there, I'd move to a red state... at least in red states the politicians are slightly less stupid, green, and woke

SamB

Threads
Well, maybe when there is rationing of electricity where they are "allowed" to have power for maybe 2 to 3 hours a day like they do in some third world countries.... maybe the people will revolt!

If lived there, I'd move to a red state... at least in red states the politicians are slightly less stupid, green, and woke
But if they revolt(I know they are already revolting!),but what are they going to revolt with? Throw pies? That pesky Anti 2A thing,you know.