Briggs Stratton carb issue

bpt513

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all,
I have a B&S 19.5 hp engine 42E707 (Craftsman mower). I'm having issues with the carb. I have taken it apart many times & cleaned all the parts (jets) with a fine wire & Gumpout. I then blew out all the jets and they're all clear. When I go to start there's no gas getting into the carb. When I use Gumout on the pump it flows right into carb.

Any ideas? I have attached pics.

thanks
Brent

Attachments

• carb6.jpg
    carb6.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 16
  • carba.jpg
    carba.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 14
  • carbb.jpg
    carbb.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 8
  • carb5.jpg
    carb5.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 13

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I am assuming that you rebuilt the pump with new gaskets and diaphragm. Did you the diaphragm correctly so that it is pulsing? Did you check the pulse line to make sure it is tight and there are no cracks? If you could hook up a gravity feed system through the pump to get the engine running and then check the pulse line to feel both pressure and suction. just some ideas.

bpt513

Forum Newbie
Threads
I changed all the guts on the fuel pump and tried again today. No gas getting into carb. Filled bowl with gas and it ran until gas was gone. I checked the gas line from the tank to filter to carb. Gas goes all the way through.

The issue started when I swapped out a blown engine for this one. I even brought over all wiring. When I first got it running it had to bet at 1/2 choke. The last a couple cuts. Then it goes died for lack of gas in carb. Prior to that the engine ran great on the original tractor.

Everything seems basic but I'm stuck as to why no gas in carb. I'm not a gear head but what I've done seems pretty basic stuff to get it going.

thoughts?
Brent

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
But have you look at the diaphragm correctly so that it is pulsing, it has been asked see above...!
unless the diaphragm is working right, fuel will not go into the carb.

bpt513

Forum Newbie
Threads
how do I check this? I followed the diagram that I found online to rebuild. Again, not a motor head so more descriptions the better.

thanks

Attachments

• carb5.jpg
    carb5.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 9
  • carb6.jpg
    carb6.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 8

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
In the above parts & diagrams part No 947A Fuel Solenoid.....do you know if that is working..?

bpt513

Forum Newbie
Threads
not sure if it has one. Where would it be? The gas line goes to a filter then into the fuel pump. I bought some hose to see if the return hose may be bad & not creating a suction.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
In one of your photos there is a wire...! where does that go on the carb...?
and did you fit a new carb kit...?

bpt513

Forum Newbie
Threads
the wires are actually just going around the front of engine. They are not connected to carb in anyway. I did not do a carb rebuild since I did a thorough cleaning. If all parts were cleaned & holes clear what part of carb may be bad?