Briggs and Stratton ELS 26 hp

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi motorman,
I'm a retired mechanic, started a 12 years old part time in a bicycle, motorcycle, foreign car repair shop. I was "Bicycle Man"!!! Went into the USN at 17, was a weapons tech on submarines, got out after 8 years. Worked for a power equipment/boat dealer, took a full time active duty job with the Ct Army National Guard in 1981 at an aircraft maintenance depot as an aircraft mech, did six tours with the active Army, retired in 94 at 50 years old as a Sgt 1st Class E7. Did mostly piston engine fixed wing aircraft maintenance and some rotary wing. Was on flight status for 8 years, flew all over the USA and some foreign countries as a flight engineer/loadmaster/crew chief/flight mechanic.
Drove 18 wheelers for a few years, retired from a local aircraft sales and maintenance company a few years back.
I'm going to post the pics of my Scag Tiger Cub in my shop over on the Scag thread under brand specific.
Fellow soldiers named me "Mad Mackie" and "Sgt Popeye" for some reason!!!! HaHa!!!!! They had a few other names, but I won't repeat them here!!!!!! HaHa!!!!
Mad Mackie in CT

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
MadMackie, thanks. An interesting life . Your experienc shows and I am glad you contribute to the forum. motoman