Briggs 850pro poor idle

RYANS'

Active Member
My mower wants to die when at idle. The thing is when I tip it back the idle smooths out to normal. Have replaced carburetor still da same problem. It will idle smooth then all of a sudden die down like there is no air. And then idle back up again. Is my fuel tank blocked? This is really weird.
 
Provide us with the engine model, type and code numbers so we have an idea of which engine you have. Should be located on the shroud or muffler guard.
 
Mfg. No: 125P02-0012-F1. 190cc The cover is black. The deck is 30i nch. Toro, two blades.
 
Now I’m a little concerned when you say Stihl shop. I’ve got to “Stihl shops in my area, which sell Stihl, authorized to repair them, but have very little knowledge on repairing other equipment, because they must repair to sell. Hopefully they are big enough to do both 2 and 4 cycle engines. If they are not an authorized Briggs repair shop, they may be buying aftermarket Briggs parts which may be junk. The part you should have gotten is 597096. A good, new OEM carb should not be doing what you say. I’m at a loss as how to advise you, as I have to many questions about what is going on.
 
Now I’m a little concerned when you say Stihl shop. I’ve got to “Stihl shops in my area, which sell Stihl, authorized to repair them, but have very little knowledge on repairing other equipment, because they must repair to sell. Hopefully they are big enough to do both 2 and 4 cycle engines. If they are not an authorized Briggs repair shop, they may be buying aftermarket Briggs parts which may be junk. The part you should have gotten is 597096. A good, new OEM carb should not be doing what you say. I’m at a loss as how to advise you, as I have to many questions about what is going on.
I got the carb 597096 from the dealership because I also have the PDF parts list. I know, it's a head scratcher.
 
Back
Top