Briggs 850pro poor idle

597096... that's an Auto choke carburetor.
Be sure your choke plate is opening all the way when the engine is running, and not just loose and flapping for whatever reason.
 
My mower wants to die when at idle. The thing is when I tip it back the idle smooths out to normal. Have replaced carburetor still da same problem. It will idle smooth then all of a sudden die down like there is no air. And then idle back up again. Is my fuel tank blocked? This is really weird.
Really appreciate your time and words.
 
The plastic bracket holding the air filter is broken where it attaches to the engine. I have ordered a new one , to eliminate a potential air leak.
 
Now I’m a little concerned when you say Stihl shop. I’ve got to “Stihl shops in my area, which sell Stihl, authorized to repair them, but have very little knowledge on repairing other equipment, because they must repair to sell. Hopefully they are big enough to do both 2 and 4 cycle engines. If they are not an authorized Briggs repair shop, they may be buying aftermarket Briggs parts which may be junk. The part you should have gotten is 597096. A good, new OEM carb should not be doing what you say. I’m at a loss as how to advise you, as I have to many questions about what is going on.
Fixed, see photo
 
Back
Top