Briggs 17hp Intek OHV Hard To Turn Over

JonnyBlaze

Threads
Motor is done! Runs great! Think the transmission is toast thoygh. :( Lucky I have a parts machine. It's a JD L100 5 speed. Struggling to move in any gear and no brakes. It does move but struggles.

https://youtu.be/v9T9_jaYKRM

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ok I'm back I was trying to hook up a printer KODAK and it's at lest 9 years old... Scanner, Copier and printer all in one... Downloading software for the unit and it doesn't print..... New ink but no go... It won't print.......

Ok Johnny Blaze, like Luff dog said did you put your caps back on......... I don't do the TDC and the 1/4 past TDC method......

Plus I do 4 thou on each one.... Never had a issue with doing it that way........ All the other dealers in my area do it the same as I do...........

I know you already know how to set valves...... But here is the way a lot of people do it and is the simplest way........

https://youtu.be/8PEUt_KAcYk

Call me tomorrow evening and let me know........ Oh let us know on here too...........

Plus Tard Mon Ami

John, ... do you watch and UNDERSTAND the video's ..?? I sent 2 ( TWO ) video's of how to do the valves adjust in POST # 4, .. Bert sent another in POST # 14, ... I sent it AGAIN, in POST # 23 easy way to tell if you're on the COMPRESSION stroke, is remove the engine shroud and the spark-plug, put your fat finger or thumb over the plug hole and rotate the flywheel with your other hand, when you feel your finger being pushed off the plug hole the piston is coming up for either EXHAUST or COMPRESSION, now look at the outside edge of the flywheel, if the magnet ( built into the flywheel ) is at, or really close to the coil, it's the COMPRESSION stroke, if on the EXHAUST stroke, the magnet will be APPROX 180 degrees from the coil. ... comprende, gabeesh, understand ..?? .. :thumbsup:

JonnyBlaze

Threads
John, ... do you watch and UNDERSTAND the video's ..?? I sent 2 ( TWO ) video's of how to do the valves adjust in POST # 4, .. Bert sent another in POST # 14, ... I sent it AGAIN, in POST # 23 easy way to tell if you're on the COMPRESSION stroke, is remove the engine shroud and the spark-plug, put your fat finger or thumb over the plug hole and rotate the flywheel with your other hand, when you feel your finger being pushed off the plug hole the piston is coming up for either EXHAUST or COMPRESSION, now look at the outside edge of the flywheel, if the magnet ( built into the flywheel ) is at, or really close to the coil, it's the COMPRESSION stroke, if on the EXHAUST stroke, the magnet will be APPROX 180 degrees from the coil. ... comprende, gabeesh, understand ..?? .. :thumbsup:
Yes, I said I got it running. Lol.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
OK .... so it takes ya 11 times to set the valves, ..... that's just at borderline ACCEPTABLE ! ... :laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:

JonnyBlaze

Threads
OK .... so it takes ya 11 times to set the valves, ..... that's just at borderline ACCEPTABLE ! ... :laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:
Atleast I got it. Lol. What's wrong with my transmission? No tension on drive belt with brake on.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
OYYYY VAAAAY !! Holy SCHITT John, YOU of all posters should KNOW !! MODEL NUMBER of Mower PLEEEEZE ! .. :laughing:..:laughing:

Have you checked the fluid level ?? On the other hand, it may be grease only, ... NEED MOWER model Numbers !!

JonnyBlaze

Threads
OYYYY VAAAAY !! Holy SCHITT John, YOU of all posters should KNOW !! MODEL NUMBER of Mower PLEEEEZE ! .. :laughing:..:laughing:

Have you checked the fluid level ?? On the other hand, it may be grease only, ... NEED MOWER model Numbers !!
I posted it above. L100a John Deere. 5 speed.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I posted it above. L100a John Deere. 5 speed.

LA100 is the SERIES John, NOT the model number, look under the seat or on the frame-body areas of tractor near where your LEFT foot goes on the floorboard, I'm not sure, .......... but there has to be a sticker on it somewhere saying MODEL & SERIAL #

JonnyBlaze

Threads
Here is the model number pic. I got tension on the belt now but now I can't get it in neutral. The lever is in neutral but acting like brake is on. I've been messing with the brake lever on side of transmission but no difference v

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180502-193444_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20180502-193444_Gallery.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 2

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Here is the model number pic. I got tension on the belt now but now I can't get it in neutral. The lever is in neutral but acting like brake is on. I've been messing with the brake lever on side of transmission but no difference v

MY deepest, most sincere, heart-wrenching, Apology is all I can offer ! .. :laughing:..:laughing: I will TRY ... to find some info on YOUR model !