briggs 11hp problem

Franken-Roper

Threads
My B&S is a 252707 Model so if the spark is weak why not replace to coil nd fly wheel and see if that is better. Just my 2 cents :)

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Once again I made a mistake, not enough coffee thisn morning when I posted. Armature air gap should be .010 NOT .020. Sorry about that. I'm surprise that EngineMan didn't catch that.

whmtd

Threads
hi I am around Welsh pool Powys there are two service dealers in the area that I know of that I can try the coil you mentioned is the same replacement as the one I found whilst researching on ebay uk the coil can only be ordered from the us which will cost an additional $19 or 」12 bringing the total to over 」30 or around $50 if it is no cheaper in a service dealer should I look into a second hand item? or are these dodgy thank for all the replies

whmtd

Threads
I have just gone over the page nd seen the last two posts missed them sorry the gap is 0.020 as I checked this with briggs and stratton:rolleyes::smile:

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Once again I made a mistake, not enough coffee thisn morning when I posted. Armature air gap should be .010 NOT .020. Sorry about that. I'm surprise that EngineMan didn't catch that.

Thought we were talking about breaker point gap.....! which is .020" (0.5mm)
Armature air gap is .010" - .014" (0.25 - 0.36mm)

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Powys is a little too far just for me to pop up, I am down near Swansea.

Remember its not just the coil, you will also need a flywheel. Keep looking on E-bay for a coil.

whmtd

Threads
thanks for the reply I didn't know you needed a new fly wheel will it not work with the original?

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
thanks for the reply I didn't know you needed a new fly wheel will it not work with the original?

Is yours not fitted to the inside of the flywheel..?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Briggs-an...wnmower_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2eb0fc41f3

Can you post up all the engine numbers, and any numbers that are on the coil.

Looking in E-bay U.K only....I see that you can still get item 398811 which is the part number for that engine, take a look....!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_o..._nkw=briggs+and+stratton+398811+coil&_sacat=0

Last edited:

whmtd

Threads
Im not sure what you mean by is it not fitted insidecthe fly wheel the wire from the coil does go under the flywheel to the condenser and points but I want to take out wll the orignal parts and replace them with electronic ignition by looking at a vidio on youtube this can be done just by swaping the coil for one with electronic ignition is tgis right?

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Had a look on Lawn Mower Parts and they seem to be the same part numbers 398811 for your engine, so give them a phone call or e-mail.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.bmp
    967.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited: