BR 400 blower leaking gas like a sieve

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
It is called "hydro-locking", happens when an engine is flooded badly.
It cannot compress pure fluid.

trooper1954

Threads
Thx Fish....I realise that...but don't understand why after a really thorough draining and drying this happens with such a tiny amount of gas? Should I take it into a repair shop....and if so, what can they do to prevent this happening again?

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Try this:
Take the plug out and pull the rope a couple dozen times with sparkplug hole facing down. Put plug back in and do NOT choke it and pull rope a couple times. You should just feel normal compression. Now spray a small amout like a quarter of a second of starting fluid in the carb throat. Hold throttle wide open ad try to start. It should fire up for about a second or so. If it does not fire at all either no spark, low compression, crankcase leak or intake air leak. I don't like putting liquid fuel in the spark plug hole of small 2 strokes. It is not vaporized and it only take a little to wet the plug and hydro lock it.
$0.02 worth.

trooper1954

Threads
Thx Hammer....lost patience with f%^$#ng around with it.....gone to the repair shop!! Enough's enuff!!

trooper1954

Threads
Hi guys....just to follow up....just got the call from the repair shop.....the crank needs replacing and apparently they are no longer made. Anyone any ideas if a crank from something else would fit?
Thanks

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
What is wrong with the crank?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
It is still in the price list, but you wouldn't want it.

STIHL 41160300400 289.49

trooper1954

Threads
Thx Fish....sorry .....I didn't ask what exactly was wrong with the crank, but will do when I pick it up.
I was just curious if the crank from a different model would fit, but at that price I guess the blower is toast! Shame, as it's been a great machine and in the last little while I've spent probably $200 on it.....oh well!!

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well, not to say anything about the guys at that shop, but they are probably just trying to get out of working on it.
It is @ 20 years old or so.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Here are the models that use that crank.

sameas.PNG