BR 400 blower leaking gas like a sieve

wolfey01

Threads
wolfey01....is this what I need?View attachment 55661
That is exactly what you need. The problem lies either in the tan colored membrane with the two flaps I was talking about or the needle valve is sticking. both items are in that kit. like I said pay close attention to the disassembly and you should see good results. Good Luck!

trooper1954

Threads
Thx wolfey01....going to get the kit as soon as I've given the unit a chance to thoroughly dry out....will then try it and even if it starts I think I'll go ahead with the kit.
Appreciate the help.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thx Fish....I'll take the plug out and pull a few dozen times.....then leave it overnight in the heated shop upside down.
Then another try tomorrow I guess.
To clear a flodded 2 stroke remove the spark pkug. Remove the fuel line from the carb. Turn the unit so the spark plug hole is facing down. Hold the throttle wide open and pull the atarter rope vigorously about 2 dozen times. This will clear the cranksmcase of fuel.

Born2Mow

Threads
Plug is fouled now.

trooper1954

Threads
Born2Mow.....thx.....I've come this far so will be putting in a carb kit...and a new plug! :)

trooper1954

Threads
I have one other question....for the last little while before this incident every few pulls on the starter it would really stick and hurt my hand! Now, even with the fuel empty, when I put in the plug and pull it does it every few pulls....and I mean really jams! Any ideas as to what"s causing this? Can't be hydrolocked as theres no fuel.

trooper1954

Threads
Just to add to the above...after breaking two woodruff keys last year I finally took it into the repair shop.....the flywheel was scored so it currently has a new flywheel and key....don't think these are the problem.

trooper1954

Threads
And the latest update....new plug installed,new carb. kit installed....won't start!!!! And still wants to bite me once in awhile!!!!

trooper1954

Threads
Anyone have any advice or suggestions as to what I try next? I just don't understand why the starter cord is acting up even after the crank has been drained of fuel?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
It still has excess fuel in the crankcase.