Blowing Fuses on Honda GX620?

tla100

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, great info here!!! Been lurking a while, but had to post one that is stumping me. I picked up a chipper/shreader with a Honda GX620 horizontal shaft, previous owner said it would blow fuse after it starts sometimes. Well, it still does. I have heard jump starting these engines can hurt the coil, it has been jump started by previous owner a few times when battery was run down. What is the first few things to check for? This is right by the ignition switch, he said a 15 amp fuse. It is just hanging out now, not sure if it sat right behind ignition switch cover.

Thanks.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi, great info here!!! Been lurking a while, but had to post one that is stumping me. I picked up a chipper/shreader with a Honda GX620 horizontal shaft, previous owner said it would blow fuse after it starts sometimes. Well, it still does. I have heard jump starting these engines can hurt the coil, it has been jump started by previous owner a few times when battery was run down. What is the first few things to check for? This is right by the ignition switch, he said a 15 amp fuse. It is just hanging out now, not sure if it sat right behind ignition switch cover.

Thanks.

FYI, the reference materials I have all show the GX620 fitted with a 25A blade-type fuse.

But, let's start with the full serial number off the side of the block, "GC_ _ _ -1234667" and I'll dig up some troubleshooting for you.

tla100

Forum Newbie
Threads
FYI, the reference materials I have all show the GX620 fitted with a 25A blade-type fuse.

But, let's start with the full serial number off the side of the block, "GC_ _ _ -1234667" and I'll dig up some troubleshooting for you.

TXF2
GCAD 2050793

Thanks, I tried looking but did not come up with any with that serial number. I did try a 25 amp and it seems to hold up a few times I started it and ran a few minutes. Maybe just the wrong fuse in from the get go.