BLADE CLUTCH PROBLEM HRR216K3VXA

jackcu

Threads
I have a HRR216K3VXA. My problem is that I can not get the blades to disengage. I disassembled the clutch and put it back on and for a moment the blades were still, then they engaged on there own. This govenor on this mower needs to be adjusted also. It is running way to fast when I start it and I was wondering if this is making the blades engage by themselves. I have disassembled the roto stop feature, and the clutch and cant determine what the problem is. I see one spring on the clutch assembly and the cable is free and moving the upper part of the assembly when I move the rotostop control lever.
Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a HRR216K3VXA. My problem is that I can not get the blades to disengage.

Honda issued a Service Bulletin back in 2006 on this model, but the issue was the blades would STOP even if the blade control lever was NOT released. It may be related to the problem you are having, but let's confirm. On the back of the mower deck is the full model name and serial number; looks like this:

lmserialnumber_zps63822669.jpg

The Service Bulletin covers MZCG-7200001 through MZCG-7338749. What is your serial number?

jackcu

Threads
My cerial number is MCZG7269623. From what you have said it is in the range of the recall. Do you know if this machine is still covered d if it is can I just get the parts and replace it myself or does a deale have to do it?

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
My cerial number is MCZG7269623. From what you have said it is in the range of the recall. Do you know if this machine is still covered d if it is can I just get the parts and replace it myself or does a deale have to do it?

It's very odd the symptom you have is the OPPOSITE of what the bulletin is calling out.

I can't say for sure the fix/new part would solve the problem you are having.

In this case, I'd for sure get a dealer to look over it and do a real and complete diagnosis. You don't want to mess around with blade stuff, especially the parts that make 'em stop/start.