Big Dog Mowers

wdrdoctor

Threads
Hello Everyone! I haven't seen many conversations on this forum regarding Big Dog Mowers. I went to one of my local commercial lawn equipment stores a few weeks ago for the very first time. They had a few big dog zero turn mowers,and I was very impressed! I would love to get as much feedback as I can regarding big dog mowers.

Threads
Hello Everyone! I haven't seen many conversations on this forum regarding Big Dog Mowers. I went to one of my local commercial lawn equipment stores a few weeks ago for the very first time. They had a few big dog zero turn mowers,and I was very impressed! I would love to get as much feedback as I can regarding big dog mowers.

There is some good info in these threads:

http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/gener...9-review-big-dog-r-series-powerbar-754-a.html

http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/general-mower-discussion/11126-big-dog-r-series.html

:smile:

wdrdoctor

Threads
I would like to here some fresh info regarding big dog mowers. The 2 threads you provided were not that informative.

possum

Threads
Type in Big Dog Mowers and the company will come up. That's about as good a info you are going to get. Hustler mowers are common around here and so are the dealers. Big Dog is not. Excel is well known to be a good source of well made heavy duty mowers. I have yet to see one here in town.

wdrdoctor

Threads
Is there anyone who has some info or pictures of the Big Dog Alpha? This is a new mower that should be at dealers any time now. I have done internet searches,and I am not able to find anything at all. I have also been told that Big Dog Mowers will be redoing their entire warranty program on all mowers. The information that I have heard is that a 7yr -300 hour warranty will starting very soon.

LoCo86

Threads
Is there anyone who has some info or pictures of the Big Dog Alpha? This is a new mower that should be at dealers any time now. I have done internet searches,and I am not able to find anything at all. I have also been told that Big Dog Mowers will be redoing their entire warranty program on all mowers. The information that I have heard is that a 7yr -300 hour warranty will starting very soon.

Did you mean a 7 year 3000 hour warranty? Cause if it's only a 300 hour warranty then that's is not that great. Cause they will go by which ever comes first and 300 hours will go by before you know it.

wdrdoctor

Threads
I heard 300 hours,but I agree with you. For residential use only,300 hours would be a lot of hours. I sure hope that it is 3000 hours ,and not 300 hours.
Only time will tell.

Threads
Look for yourself, but it is probably a 300 hour warranty. Because I looked in the Big Dog brochure, and though they don't have the new model you are looking at, the other models have a residential warranty of anywhere from 3 to 4 years and 240 to 500 hours. But you say they are changing things, so take it for what it's worth. See the last 2 pages:

http://www.bigdogmowers.com/images/pdfs/2013 Brochure_PDFs/BIGDOG_BROCHURE2013.pdf

wdrdoctor

Threads
The C series mower has a 3 yr limited warranty. I'm told the C series is going away,and being replaced with a upgraded version called the Big Dog Alpha. The big dog alpha will have a 7 yr - 300 hour warranty. I would love to see some pictures of this big dog alpha,along with some official specs.

RatRacer

Threads
What would you like to know, other than the fact they are a sub brand of Hustler? I test drove a bunch of units, before the powerbar debacle.